Auckland run Woodcocks Rd - 17 June 2018

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
MIKEP
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Mike

Re: Auckland run Woodcocks Rd - 17 June 2018

Post by MIKEP »

Lol haha Lucky I don't have Targas.If that was my AW it would be full just looking at that
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

he he he... :lol:
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Right then. What's the weather gonna be up to this Sunday eh...? Whatcha reckon Wardy?

http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forecast ... noofdays=7

You might need to make the call one way or the other on Saturday arvo mate.

Mind you, MikeP might want to be "in a swell". :P :lol:

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

tw2
Stomping Ground: Waikato
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Thomas

Post by tw2 »

I was looking forward to this one. Decided to proactively get the windscreen replaced after some light gravel damage.... and they found some rust. Pretty minor but off to the body shop for a week :(

At least it was caught early.
Thomas, 91 G, 05 E55
Area Coordinator Waikato

mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
First name: Michael

Post by mknz »

Worth every dollar stopping rust IMO

Wardy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Steven

Post by Wardy »

Hi guys, I will make a call on the weather Saturday afternoon!!! for Woodcocks rd with an alternative date, fingers crossed but looking a bit wet at the moment.

Mr-Paulio
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Paul

Post by Mr-Paulio »

Wardy wrote:Hi guys, I will make a call on the weather Saturday afternoon!!! for Woodcocks rd with an alternative date, fingers crossed but looking a bit wet at the moment.
Doesnt look good huh? Ive just tweaked all my suspension again and rotated my tyres. So providing the test run goes all good when it's dry (it should...) and the weather is okay. I'm in! :D
'89 AW11 V6 Turbo (350BHP & 380Ft/lbs!) :twisted:
'86 AW11 20V (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo "BlackRat" #RatRodStyle (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo (Sold) :(
South Auckland Area Coordinator

tw2

Post by tw2 »

mknz wrote:Worth every dollar stopping rust IMO
Definitely but had I known I would have taken it in after the next run :D
Thomas, 91 G, 05 E55
Area Coordinator Waikato

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Wardy's call but here's my ten cents.

Looks to me as if we'll have rain over night tonight, stopping at maybe 6am. Roads will be damp Sunday especially going over the hill in the middle of Woodcock's (tree lined). Weather on Sunday looks like it could fine up nicely and as long as everyone was a bit careful on the tree-lined section, it could be a great day.
Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 10.19.57 am.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 10.19.57 am.png (248.66 KiB) Viewed 2423 times
By contrast, the weather going into next weekend looks to be a lot less wet with next Sunday looking like it could also be fine.
So next Sunday might see drier roads with more chance of going for it through that wicked little super-twisty bit that goes over the hill.
Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 10.21.40 am.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 10.21.40 am.png (368.02 KiB) Viewed 2423 times
Then again the weather can always turn out quite different than expected. :lol:

If it were up to me (which it isn't, and that's AWesome) :D I'd therefore be looking at whether more people can make it next Sunday, or this.

And on that note, Isaac has Uni exams so can't make it this Sunday but would likely be there with bells on, next Sunday. And I have 2 server things to check on first thing tomorrow morning (as well as a shot battery in my AW) so may or may not make it tomorrow, dunno.

Anyway Wardy, I certainly don't mean to step on your toes mate, she's your call but that's the kinda stuff that always went through my head on occasions like this. As for making "the right call" well hey, between the weather being fickle, and whether everyone can make it on one day or the other, you're never gonna win on all counts. :lol:

But whenever you decide to do this run, I'll try to be there mate. 8)

mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
First name: Michael

Post by mknz »

I can make tomorrow but I'll definitely have to be a passenger

tw2

Post by tw2 »

I can definitely make it next Sunday if it is put off :D
Thomas, 91 G, 05 E55
Area Coordinator Waikato

Wardy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by Wardy »

Unfortunately, I am away the next two weekends but I'm still keen on the cruise tomorrow so let's lock it in for this Sunday :D
Good tyres are a must as it will probably rain on and off but we'll just take it easy and it'll be more of a power cruise.

Mr-Paulio
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Paul

Post by Mr-Paulio »

I'll have to decide in the morning guys. I'm still sceptical about the weather. And I've had a bad back all day. Trying to fix it with a few wines in the spa tonight! :P :lol:
'89 AW11 V6 Turbo (350BHP & 380Ft/lbs!) :twisted:
'86 AW11 20V (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo "BlackRat" #RatRodStyle (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo (Sold) :(
South Auckland Area Coordinator

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Mr-Paulio wrote:I've had a bad back all day. Trying to fix it with a few wines in the spa tonight! :P :lol:
I have a bad back every day. Have done for the last 35 years. So I fully understand the wine thing. :lol:

As for the spa Paul, you might find that cooling down afterwards can help. If inflammation is part of the problem (usually is) then heat from a spa or hot shower etc can actually make it worse. Whereas cooling can help reduce the inflammation and thus ease the pain. At least that's been my experience mate. Despite it being contrary to what I used to think was good, I've found that a cooler shower (luke warm) rather than a warmer one helps more. So maybe instead of a spa you need to go outside in a tee-shirt and shorts for an hour (being winter and all). :lol:

Naturopaths used to recommend a sudden change to cool temperatures after an initial warming period. Norsemen typically have a hot spa, then run outside and jump into the snow, for the same reason. They also whack themselves with stinging nettle branches I think? Though that might be taking it a bit too far? :lol:

Anyway, my apologies for not making it to Hamptons and I hope to see you tomorrow mate.

Wardy, if I don't make it, it'll be because a server has bitten me on the butt. But don't worry, I'm itching to go for a blat!

Wardy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by Wardy »

If it is raining heavily in the morning which would make for an unenjoyable experience, ill cancel the run at 9am. Otherwise I will see you there if you wish to attend the woodcock run, be there by the starbucks at westgate by 10am.