Lower North Island Run July 15th.

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
Gaz007
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wairarapa
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Gary

Re: Lower North Island Run July 15th.

Post by Gaz007 »

Thanks Keith a good day out, nice lunch and the Rush Collection was great :D A good turn out with 20 of us in attendance
Attachments
MR2 run Rush collection 014.JPG
MR2 run Rush collection 014.JPG (281.54 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
MR2 run Rush collection 013.JPG
MR2 run Rush collection 013.JPG (298.16 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
MR2 run Rush collection 012.JPG
MR2 run Rush collection 012.JPG (349.93 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
MR2 run Rush collection 011.JPG
MR2 run Rush collection 011.JPG (338.89 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
MR2 run Rush collection 010.JPG
MR2 run Rush collection 010.JPG (319.05 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
MR2 run Rush collection 008.JPG
MR2 run Rush collection 008.JPG (311.03 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
MR2 run Rush collection 005.JPG
MR2 run Rush collection 005.JPG (357.81 KiB) Viewed 1343 times

Stolly
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wairarapa
First name: Michael

Post by Stolly »

Awesome day out with the manawatu MR2 grew and thanks to Keith and everyone for a awesome day. Me and my lady throughly enjoyed it.

Mrman
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Manawatu
First name: Shaun

Post by Mrman »

Great day out, thanks keith

optional
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Keith

Post by optional »

Great day. Sue and I enjoyed it too and once again thanks to Joy and Terry for their hospitality.
For those who are interested the Challenge Quiz has been marked. I seem to be short on entries, despite asking if there were any more.I have a total of six entries, there were at least twelve people, in fact 20 by my count.
So based on the the number that i do have, the results are:
Michael ( at least I think that is who it was the name is not clear) : 1
Colin

optional
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Keith

Post by optional »

Great day. Sue and I enjoyed it too and once again thanks to Joy and Terry for their hospitality.
For those who are interested the Challenge Quiz has been marked. I seem to be short on entries, despite asking if there were any more.I have a total of six entries, there were at least twelve people, in fact 20 by my count.
So based on the the number that i do have, the results are:
Michael ( at least I think that is who it was the name is not clear) : 1
Colin : 1.
Ben : 1.
Gary : 1.
Frank : 1.

Since I set part of the quiz I am not taking any points, although I do feel that I deserve one for being only one of two who got the correct answer to Joy's Surprise Question.
For those of you who want the correct answers here they are:
Q1: (i) The significance of the number 47 is that is the number carried by the Cooper 500 in the Rush Collection. This is the first single seater
raced by Bruce McLaren. It is the last fact that I was looking for. ( Colin got this one.)
(ii) The number 3 is significant, as is the number 9 as being the Model number of the last and most successful F5000 car made by Graham
McRae. This car is in the Rush Collection. As Terry told us this car was later converted to a Can-Am sports car.
(iii) The GM3 F5000 car is now designated the GM9. This the car as seen in the Rush Collection. (Gary got these two.)
Q2: This was a bit unfair since Terry failed to elaborate on the history of the car, in it's GM3 configuration. The answer is that the car was
known as the Black Tulip car.
Q3: Terry and Joy really caught us with this one! I must say that they had me scratching my head for a while. The two cars in the corner were
easy if you spent a bit of time reading the signage. I think Terry did also mention these, briefly. The Begg FM4 was also easy if you since
Terry told us it was built in Southland. I guess the point that a few missed was that McRae was a local . Born and raised in Miramar if I
remember correctly. That makes the Mcrae a Kiwi designed and built car also. Sorry if you also forgot the fact that this is a collection NZ
racing cars. ( The only person who answered this correctly is the person whose name I can't read. Is it Michael?)
I now have a problem since I don't know who to give this point to. Pm me if you know who you are.
Any way that means that the competition is still tight: Colin is on 5 points with Gar and I one behind on 4 a couple also sit on 3 so it is still anyone's. This is, obviously, provisional since I don't know exactly who I should award the point for the last question to, and it could make a difference since there are three people it could be.
Anyway a great day and I am glad that so many people enjoyed themselves.
Keith

ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
First name: Olaf

Post by ClanFever »

Really fun day out, I basically only took snap videos, my bad (add me on Snapchat - ClanFever) - there were a couple of crap photos in there of the Firetruck and '95 Holden - was great to meet one of the original Manfield creators, what a privilege!
Attachments
Snapchat-412755963.jpg
Snapchat-412755963.jpg (224.64 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
Snapchat-428117909.jpg
Snapchat-428117909.jpg (215.29 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester