Hampton Club Circuit

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
pureadrenalin
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Taranaki
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Garnett

Hampton Club Circuit

Post by pureadrenalin »

Hey All,
Taranaki Car Club are having their annual circuit day, and as always the MR2OC has a standing invite.
Its a MSNZ permitted evet, where we will be having clubsport dual car and drifting. What ever takes your fancy.
Entry is $180, MSNZ regs downloadable in the link below.

https://www.taranakicarclub.org.nz/events/

Hopefully both myself and Greg from Taranaki Car Club will have our cars there.
Attachments
22219898_1753488214663786_4388297306139858891_o.jpg
26731247_967714023382702_6650522205141596245_n.jpg
26731247_967714023382702_6650522205141596245_n.jpg (68.43 KiB) Viewed 1677 times

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Re: Hampton Club Circuit

Post by psyguy »

So, the circuit open to all cars, or just those competing within MSNZ rules?
Sorry, don't quite get the format of the event. But would be keen if road cars are permitted.

pureadrenalin
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by pureadrenalin »

Open to all cars, but you have to meet MSNZ's safety rules (schedule A)
You also have to belong to a MSNZ affiliated club (ours lets you join for a day for a couple of events for cheap), and have a MSNZ clubsport licence. You can get a day licence (I think they are $35, been a long time since I've had one), but if you are going to do a couple of events a year, its cheaper to get a full MSNZ M grade licence.

For a road going car with a warrant, you basically need to make sure your positive battery terminal is covered, and you have a fire extinguisher that meets their rules mounted (metal twin straps). Other than that, normal track stuff like helmet and overalls, which also have to meet MSNZ rules.
I'd have to check on open tops tho (MX5, MRS, etc)

Basic difference between some open days and a MSNZ permitted event should be the safety stuff and insurance.
I've done both, and I know at our club events, every flag point manned will have fire extinguishers and radio contact to base. So every flag point knows what is going on around the circuit and if intervention is needed.
Helps the day go a bit faster if you have good com's to know when you need to come drag someone out of a gravel trap :D

I only mention insurance to highlight, do you know what your signing away with non-MSNZ events?
The MSNZ insurance excess is pretty horrendous, but at least its there.

For all events I do (organise) with the Taranaki Car Club, they are MSNZ permitted events.

On the day, for the dual car, we send ~6-10 cars out to the grid, you have a warm up lap and stop on the start grid. We drop the flag for the first two lined up, wait ~10 sec drop the flag for the next two. Repeat.

Drifting, well enough said :roll:

We sometimes do multi car, which is the same as dual car, but all cars go on the flag drop.

Any race/clubsport/MSNZ/etc questions, I'm happy to asnwer with what I know.

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Post by psyguy »

pureadrenalin wrote:Open to all cars, but you have to meet MSNZ's safety rules (schedule A)
Thanks for the reply Garnett, I'll PM you for additional info.

ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
First name: Olaf

Post by ClanFever »

Cannot wait until I'm standing in the right financial position to attend days like these. Hopefully not far! Have fun everyone who attends
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

Speedhog
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Rodney

Post by Speedhog »

How about H.C.M.C members? we need more Tarmac events.

I Might have to check my calender.

pureadrenalin
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by pureadrenalin »

Speedhog wrote:How about H.C.M.C members? we need more Tarmac events.

I Might have to check my calender.

Hi Rodney, HCMC members are most welcome.
We are pretty flexable with the running of the event, and if there are enough HCMC cars we could put you out as a group, or if you spot a bunch of Taranaki cars you want to line up against, we can do that too!