Hampton Downs Go Karts/club run 28th Oct

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
MylerMr2
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Tony

Hampton Downs Go Karts/club run 28th Oct

Post by MylerMr2 »

Hi fellas,

Ive run this past Paulio, Id like to organise a couple of sessions at the hampton downs go karts one day for the MR2 club, this would be an Auckland based meet but if you willing to make the trip up/down then more the merrier (15 people max on the track at once, so i think we would have to have the limit to 15 drivers) If we get more than 10 people it becomes a little cheaper for every one.

I think we would meet at Dury BP area at a disclosed time and travel the back roads like you guys would have done for the ClubFest route.

Next up ill need rough numbers and whether a sat or sun is better for most people and what times. morning or noon or arvo etc. would be looking closer to the end of october to give us time to get feedback and time to book.

if you have any questions let me know, or have a look on the site https://hamptondowns.com/go-karts/

Cheers.
1990 T-top SW20 Turbo Project/Track/Weekend Cruiser
2006 Lexus IS350 Daily

Follow My Instagram - @that_green_sw20

Logan
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Logan

Re: Hampton Downs Go Karts/club run.

Post by Logan »

Count me in for this one.
1996 Turbo SW20

Mr-Paulio
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Paul

Post by Mr-Paulio »

Sweet! I reckon my cars got a few more runs in it before the engine dies completely (Hopefully booking in rebuild of the spare tomorrow) So keen for this in the meantime. Either day, Any time that best suits people. Providing I am allowed out and no other plans on that day. Count me in!! :D :D
'89 AW11 V6 Turbo (350BHP & 380Ft/lbs!) :twisted:
'86 AW11 20V (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo "BlackRat" #RatRodStyle (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo (Sold) :(
South Auckland Area Coordinator

Mr-Paulio

Post by Mr-Paulio »

Sweet! I reckon my cars got a few more runs in it before the engine dies completely (Hopefully booking in rebuild of the spare tomorrow) So keen for this in the meantime. Either day, Any time that best suits people. Providing I am allowed out and no other plans on that day. Count me in!! :D :D

Jabeo
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
First name: Jabeo

Post by Jabeo »

im keen bro
1992 MR2 GT Turbo :twisted: Complete with Traction control!
1997 N/A Honda Civic EK3 :twisted:

:!: Follow me on Instagram :!: https://www.instagram.com/jabeo_waho/
Im still learning a lot about cars so bear with me!

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Post by psyguy »

I'm keen :D

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

Me too...!

BRILLIANT go-kart track (and no Paul you can't put your AW around it!) :lol:

Drove it twice on our work Christmas bash last year - epic.

It features a lot of gradient change as well as some truly challenging corners. Not at all hard to slide or bounce the karts around corners and my arms ached by the end of each session. Great fun!

If we get enough club guys there it will be an AWesome event!

Next trick: we probably need to book the track sessions which means anyone intending to come will need to throw their money in the hat.
We did this years ago for a skid pan session at Hampton's and it was a huge success.
Maybe Mr Paulio can keep track of things for it, add the names of the entrants as their money comes in?
I suggest 2 x 10 minute sessions would be the go, so that's $98 per person and we need 15 people.
If we deposit the money in the Club's bank account, the Treasurer could confirm the money's there, and when we have 15 people committed, we book the track.
If anyone can't make the date of the booking they can get their money back and their slot goes up for grabs.
Whatcha reckon Paul, sound like a plan? Maybe run it past our Treasurer and see if he's ok with keeping tabs on the money deposited?
Committee don't need to worry about it as it won't be costing the Club anything. Use of the Club's bank account simply helps facilitate the day. That's my thinking anyway.

Of course we could also each throw two fivers into a kitty on the day and the winner of each round gets half the total prize money?
Kinda like when we did the skid pan back in 2012: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10660
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

Mr-Paulio

Post by Mr-Paulio »

Yeah I am happy to keep track of things. Can do it through the club (You will have to put me in touch with the treasurer) Or can just do it through myself if that is easier (Promise I won't skip the country!) Pricey though aye. Maybe just one run for me then. Also have some go kart fun on the way, and back :wink: :lol:

Mr-Paulio

Post by Mr-Paulio »

Okay, so.
Tony if you want to pin down a date? Look into pricing and booking? We will confirm who is in. And I can arrange the club treasurer to receive payments. :D

MylerMr2
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by MylerMr2 »

Mr-Paulio wrote:Okay, so.
Tony if you want to pin down a date? Look into pricing and booking? We will confirm who is in. And I can arrange the club treasurer to receive payments. :D
yip okay ill pick a date and ring tomorrow and get back to you guys. lets say the 28th which is the sunday after the long weekend. ill try book a couple sessions, its about 49 for the first session and then 39 for sessions after that. ill aim for about 11am, give us time to meet in the morning and head out, if you think thats a little early then i can push it back.

also we can pay on the day, every one can decide how many sessions they want and pay for that set amount.
2006 Lexus IS350 Daily

ansys
Guest of the Club.

Post by ansys »

Depending on date and stuff, I could be interested. Maybe they'd do some sort of group discount rate if you end up filling their track for a couple sessions?
They've often advertised deals on Grabone as well...maybe you could get that rate?

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Post by psyguy »

For anyone contemplating getting out on the HD track some day - if you sign up for a membership it costs you $50 but membership includes a free go-kart session:

https://hamptondowns.com/hdauto/

MylerMr2
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by MylerMr2 »

Hey guys

28th October. We need to me there at 10 45 to book in. On track at 11.15.
Just booked the sessions. I've booked 2 sessions. For atleast 10 people. If we get more wanting to attend I'll ring them up a few days before and just let them no. Prices should be about $80 for both sessions. It's up to you if you want to do both sessions or just one.

See you guys there. Should be a good time.
2006 Lexus IS350 Daily

MylerMr2
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by MylerMr2 »

I've made a quick list on my phone. We should have about 12 of us so far.
2006 Lexus IS350 Daily

Mr-Paulio

Post by Mr-Paulio »

As per the woodcocks run, my wife will be working this Sunday. (28th) But I have a bit more notice on this one, and it's closer to me. So I will try and find someone to look after my lil guy for the day. :D