Toyotafest 30 March 2019 Hampton Downs.

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Toyotafest 30 March 2019 Hampton Downs.

Post by mickeyduck »

Thought I better get this on the Club's radar so people can start preparing for it.

Toyota Festival - 30 March at Hampton Downs.

We basically started the Toyotafest in 2013 when we had a combined track day with the Altezza Club and the then brand new 86 Club at Taupo, run by Playday On Track. It was a brilliant day, and the following year Toyota NZ had grabbed the idea by the horns and turned it into the Toyota Festival.

These days they have an agreement with Tony Quinn so the venue alternates between Hamptons and Highlands (in Otago). That means if you are in the North Island and don't get to this one, you'll have to wait two years until the next.

So if you're into it, stay tuned - or better yet, post more info here yourself, as it becomes available. :idea:

AC's - this is a National Event not an Auckland one (and I'm not Auckland AC anymore either) so please help build the buzz by using this thread. 8)

Cheers.
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

Jabeo
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Jabeo

Re: Toyotafest 30 March 2019 Hampton Downs.

Post by Jabeo »

just thought i would post this here if you want to do something with it http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15172
1992 MR2 GT Turbo :twisted: Complete with Traction control!
1997 N/A Honda Civic EK3 :twisted:

:!: Follow me on Instagram :!: https://www.instagram.com/jabeo_waho/
Im still learning a lot about cars so bear with me!

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Re: Toyotafest 30 March 2019 Hampton Downs.

Post by mickeyduck »

Ha ha nice. Sorry mate I hadn't spotted that.

This is why a couple of AGM's ago we decided to do away with the "Non MR2 Events" section and merge it with the Events section. Sadly when I tried to do so it turned into a bit of a nightmare to do.

I'll move your thread into Events and lock this one.
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted: