MR2OCNZ 25th Anniversary-Nationals 23rd Nov 2019

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
85AW20v
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Simon

Re: MR2OCNZ 25th Anniversary-Nationals 23rd Nov 2019

Post by 85AW20v »

You can add me with 1 car thanks Mike.
See ya
Simon
AW11 Racecar - 860kg

THR4SHER007
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Logan

Post by THR4SHER007 »

Awesome, the post is no longer locked.

I am so keen for this, add me for 1 MR2 as well please

Thanks
Current:
1991 MR2 G-Limited Manual Hard top
1998 Camry Gracia
Previous:
2004 Toyota Crown Majesta
2018 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401
2008 Toyota Blade Master G
2018 Yamaha YZF R3
1994 Celica ST202 Manual
Follow my Instagram @: https://www.instagram.com/logansunnex/

mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Michael

Post by mknz »

mickeyduck wrote:Yep there we go, something must have gone awry with permissions during the recent migration to a new server. No biggie.

:arrow: Michael, you might want to move this thread into Events and ensure the old MR2 Motorsports section is locked
so well-meaning folk like Mike can't start threads in there in future? :idea:

Cheers mate.

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 12.29.22 am.png
It was broken before, but I didn't notice it. Sorry, I skimmed the replies and didn't notice before. Thanks for moving.

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

Well I'm so glad that my hunch was right and there were others wanting to post on this thread...! :D

I don't know what anyone else is thinking but I really like the looks of the South Street West motel, right next to the track, lots of rooms and lots of parking, nice modern place (not run down) and the rates are the same as many places I've stayed in elsewhere that were a lot less appealing. It's where I'd like to be but I'm interested to hear what others think, as it's great fun when we all stay in the same place.

Mike & Olaf - I fully agree that a non-refundable deposit (I suggest $50 per car) is a must so people commit.
It worked fine for the 2013 Taupo AGM track day that ended up being the first ever Toyota Festival. I would be perfectly happy to go with a non-refundable $50 deposit myself, it's a great deal. When I say "non refundable" I mean if the driver pulls out they don't get their $50 back cos the Club still has a track to pay for. I would however expect my money back if the Club cancelled the event.

Perhaps you should also set a maximum number of entries / cars? You have some maths to do regards how many cars per session on track / in gymkhana session / drags etc...

In 2013 we had a cap on the number of entries, a deposit that was non refundable after a cut-off date, and we ended up with a lot of people having an awesome weekend.

I'm really excited about this event. I booked my leave today and I'll be booking a motel room as soon as I get a bead on anyone else's thoughts about that motel (simply cos it's great when we can all stay in the same place).

Regards accommodation please bear in mind that it gets harder and harder to sort as time gets nearer, and at my age, time flies faster than an SW on full boost...! :lol:

I'm so looking forward to this event. Can't bloody wait...! An epic drive down, some brilliant track time that I would otherwise never have seen, great company catching up with old friends and making new ones, and an epic drive home again on a slightly different route. It's looking like it'll be an immensely memorable weekend. :mrgreen:
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

P.S. Michael the permissions system in this BB can be real weird and very confusing. You'll notice there's a user called "somebastard" which was my test user for sussing out if I'd got things right when changing stuff. Some nights it used to really do my head in mate. So apologies to everyone if somehow I never locked the old Motorsport section down well enough. Real glad to have people posting in this thread now though. :D :D :D

Mike you might want to PM those that PM'd you to let them know this thread is no longer "accidentally locked", seeing as they showed an interest and likely discovered they couldn't post on this thread... :idea:

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Post by psyguy »

ClanFever wrote: You have to be committed to continue accelerating through the first part of the corner, then get on the brakes
Thinking about breaking mid corner in a mid engine car = anxiety :shock:

MIKEP
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
First name: Mike

Post by MIKEP »

Guys thanks for all your positive thoughts and ideas. Right now this event is a series of Microsoft project charts and task lists.
Like the Royal baby there are things that have to happen before the big reveal. I have a number of cars to get to attain critical mass but still give the sponsors best exposure.The critical path analysis on this is huge

Simon and I have been working on this tirelessly for weeks and we have just roped in Olaf. We appreciate all the ideas but please give us just a little more time to finalise all details.We are still talking with Gary Stirling about the management on the day and are finalising other important details that are critical to this working. Manfeild have some pretty strict requirements for a small event like this.

We are heartened by the response but if possible we don't want to limit the number cars but it depends on a number of factors

At the moment I am holding some pretty big guarantees against my credit card so money is important but all in good time. What I can tell you is you will get the best event we can give you and it will be epic.

So as they say in the theatre "hurry up and wait" .Ill continue to update things here as they happen
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport

ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
First name: Olaf

Post by ClanFever »

psyguy wrote:
ClanFever wrote: You have to be committed to continue accelerating through the first part of the corner, then get on the brakes
Thinking about breaking mid corner in a mid engine car = anxiety :shock:
It kind of straightens up, it's basically two corners
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
First name: Olaf

Post by ClanFever »

MIKEP wrote:Guys thanks for all your positive thoughts and ideas. Right now this event is a series of Microsoft project charts and task lists.
Like the Royal baby there are things that have to happen before the big reveal. I have a number of cars to get to attain critical mass but still give the sponsors best exposure.The critical path analysis on this is huge

Simon and I have been working on this tirelessly for weeks and we have just roped in Olaf. We appreciate all the ideas but please give us just a little more time to finalise all details.We are still talking with Gary Stirling about the management on the day and are finalising other important details that are critical to this working. Manfeild have some pretty strict requirements for a small event like this.

We are heartened by the response but if possible we don't want to limit the number cars but it depends on a number of factors

At the moment I am holding some pretty big guarantees against my credit card so money is important but all in good time. What I can tell you is you will get the best event we can give you and it will be epic.

So as they say in the theatre "hurry up and wait" .Ill continue to update things here as they happen
Big thanks and credit to you and Simon for organizing this, and cheers for keeping us posted
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

ClanFever wrote:Big thanks and credit to you and Simon for organizing this, and cheers for keeping us posted
+1

:D

gruk
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Manawatu
First name: James

Post by gruk »

mickeyduck wrote:
I don't know what anyone else is thinking but I really like the looks of the South Street West motel, right next to the track, lots of rooms and lots of parking, nice modern place (not run down) and the rates are the same as many places I've stayed in elsewhere that were a lot less appealing. It's where I'd like to be but I'm interested to hear what others think, as it's great fun when we all stay in the same place.
I can confirm this is a good place to stay. My parents live nearby and our family usually use the SouthSt West Motel when too many come visiting. Always have good things to say.

I've sent a PM but I'll say again here, I'm keen for this. Put me down for the works :)
I'll be driving a slow lap but very keen to see what a track is like.
'90 SW20 NA - White NZ new T-Top

Mattaw11
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Matt

Post by Mattaw11 »

If its allowed or you need space filers illd be keen for a play unfortunately not in a mr2

Gleshlich
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Justin

Post by Gleshlich »

Did Simon end up getting in touch with Interislander about a group ferry booking?
Current:
1989 V6 Widebody SW
1996 EK Civic Hatch
2007 BMW 335i Touring

MIKEP

Post by MIKEP »

We are talking to blue ridge and inter islander and just waiting for them to confirm our deal in writing.

Should be releasing this week for you
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport

MIKEP

Post by MIKEP »

UPDATE:

Ok guys here's a list of all the expressions of interest I have received in PMS and the Forum and faccebook.
I know it depends on the ferry deal for the SOuth Islanders If your name is not here and you are going please let us know

IC3YG4M3R
84VVT
MOTORHEADSW20
PSYGUY
NIGHTZ
GRUK
CJ
4CYLINDERSPECIAL
GAZ007
PBARON
tw2
BENCKJ