Auckland (West) - Shelly Beach run Sunday June 30th

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Auckland (West) - Shelly Beach run Sunday June 30th

Post by psyguy »

Hey guys,

The norf-west run is back! 8)

Meet Sunday June 30th, 9.30ish at Westgate shopping centre carpark for a 10am start.

Backroads to Shelly Beach, stop for brunch and a blah-blah :P , then the same way back.
This is a short-ish run, about 1¹/² hrs each way.

The rain date is the following weekend July 6th or 7th but let's hope the weather is fine on the 30th!

Shelly Beach is very popular with fishermen and can get very crowded with all the boat trailers, both on the road and at the beach carpark, however Charlie has worked out this date (the 30th) to work out particularly well in that they should all be out on sea while we're enjoying the empty roads and the empty cafe! Thanks Charlie!

Hope to see you there!

Here's the map:
https://goo.gl/maps/MhyoekqjM9vUjVKY8
Last edited by psyguy on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Re: Auckland (West) - Shelly Beach run Sunday June 30th

Post by mickeyduck »

Looking forward to it Ivor. Cheers..! :mrgreen:
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

Speedhog
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Rodney

Post by Speedhog »

Keen!
At this rate, i should be able to make it.

If any one is interested in having a gander at a rally MR2 on the way home (or two.) I'm more than happy to open the shed up.

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Speedhog wrote:If any one is interested in having a gander at a rally MR2 on the way home (or two.) I'm more than happy to open the shed up.
That sounds like a great idea. Any 222D-in-the-making available for a peek by any chance Rodney?

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by psyguy »

Thanks for that Rodney 8)

Now, I've updated the first post with the link to the map/route. I don't know whether people can see it (?) or how I can embed the map into the post? Anyone know how to embed the map?

Speedhog
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Rodney

Post by Speedhog »

mickeyduck wrote:
Speedhog wrote:If any one is interested in having a gander at a rally MR2 on the way home (or two.) I'm more than happy to open the shed up.
That sounds like a great idea. Any 222D-in-the-making available for a peek by any chance Rodney?
See the Donor shell hanging from the ceiling and i could pull the body down for a viewing. SO863 is still on the hoist with the motor swap happening and now with a different motor... again... and hopefully Flick will be still dirty from the day before. lol.

tw2
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Thomas

Post by tw2 »

I should be up for this.
Thomas, 91 G, 05 E55
Area Coordinator Waikato

motorheadsw20
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Ivan

Post by motorheadsw20 »

Oh dang it, I was waiting for a North/West Auckland run but i'm flying overseas at 10am on Sunday ... will wave you to you guys from the top, have fun :)

Mr-Paulio
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Paul

Post by Mr-Paulio »

I may have to pass on this one sorry guys. Our house is nearly finished and we will be prepping, cleaning, moving and renting the next few weeks. And in between all that madness I want to find some time to get the turbo V6 in my ADub!

Have fun though, as I'm sure you will!! :D :D
And good job Ivor, sorry I can't be there...
'89 AW11 V6 Turbo (350BHP & 380Ft/lbs!) :twisted:
'86 AW11 20V (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo "BlackRat" #RatRodStyle (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo (Sold) :(
South Auckland Area Coordinator

pommy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Chris

Post by pommy »

Apologies I won't be on this drive. Have a flood of 4yr old birthday parties to attend! And after a recent drive to Mangawhai my oil return line has a serious leak :cry:

Enjoy and hopefully see you on the next run.....

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Mr-Paulio wrote:And good job Ivor...
+1

All I can say is I'm looking forward to a great day out. 8)

Actually there's one other thing I do want to say. Does anyone on Facebook know this run is even on?

I thought the Club had a policy and a mechanism to ensure that was taken care of?

Disappointed. :evil:
Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 8.05.22 pm.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 8.05.22 pm.png (633.58 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
To those who do turn up on Sunday to enjoy Ivor's effort to promote the Club and have a good day - I know you'll have a blast!

The weather is looking pretty good and those twisties are SWeet. AWesome even.

This run may be short but damn is it sharp.

As evidenced by the smiles on past attendees' faces, below.

See you there...! 8)

Mr-Paulio
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Paul

Post by Mr-Paulio »

I've mentioned it before Charlie, I think ACs should have admin access to the page? We can post links as ourselves but they won't get the views or send out notifications that posting as the page itself will. Also that would mean the ACs can create, edit, and respond to posts on their own events.
That's just my 2c. I think it makes more sense?
'89 AW11 V6 Turbo (350BHP & 380Ft/lbs!) :twisted:
'86 AW11 20V (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo "BlackRat" #RatRodStyle (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo (Sold) :(
South Auckland Area Coordinator

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Certainly wouldn't hurt if ACs had admin rights to the Facebook page, Paul. Then you guys could promote your own events without having to rely on someone who may or may not be onto it...

But that kinda stuff is not my call anymore Paul. I'm not the President or an AC or even on Committee anymore mate, whereas you (being an AC) are.

I suggest you (as an AC and as a Committee Member) bring it to the attention of your Club President and the rest of Committee... :idea:

nivek
Guest of the Club.
First name: Kevin

Post by nivek »

I can come. Look forward to it.

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by psyguy »

Good turn out this Morning with Charlie, Thomas. Kevin, Isaac and Rodney showing up for the run to Shelly Beach.
Very little traffic and mainly dry roads and the sunshine made it for an excellent day!
20190630_111816.jpg
At least it was until on our way back my turbo started coming apart...
20190630_135310.jpg
But good mate MadAz Rodney came to the rescue with a trailer and took me and my missus (the MR-S) home! Much appreciate it Rodney!
Unfortunately, the car sustained a bit of damage to the body work while I was trying to get it onto the trailer :shock: as the car slid sideways off the ramps. As I got home I parked the car with the damaged side hard against the garage wall so I can't see the damage until I'm ready to face it - it kinda hurts a bit right now... :cry:

Thanks to Charlie and Isaac for keeping me company on the side of the road while waiting for Rodney to bring his trailer.
Hope Thomas and Kevin you guys found your way back home all right.