AKL 2 Manfield & back again. 22 & 24 Nov 2019

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
Speedhog
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Rodney

Re: AKL 2 Manfield & back again. 22 & 24 Nov 2019

Post by Speedhog »

psyguy wrote:
mickeyduck wrote:
Next run will be to a pre-Christmas BBQ at Mike P's caravan at Pakiri. See you there!
Sweet :)
Got the date yet?
I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that I can make it, it's probably my favorite ride/destination!
PLEASE not the 8th or 15th! I like that run two!

Looks like I should have followed with the trailer Charlie..:lol: Maybe next year I can attend, hopefully with Roadie or Flick.

HeadlessOne
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Waikato
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Hamish

Post by HeadlessOne »

Hey guys,

Hamish here, Look's like you enjoyed the rest of the trip which is awesome, was good to meet you all for the short time we had.

Re-naming the car to Mr-s fortune.

The farmer (nathan) was a bit of a petrol head himself, after i called 3 tow company with no success (apparently nobody can be bothered with coming out to the middle of nowhere) he hooked up his car trailer and drove me and Mr-s fortune all the way back to Hamilton himself on his day off. Legend doesn't even begin to describe this guy.

any way's on he look out for a new engine if anyone knows where one might be hiding, also if Michael could flick me a message I owe an engines compacity worth of oil.

tw2
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Thomas

Post by tw2 »

Glad you got home eventually. What a good guy. Did the shop come to the party?
Thomas, 91 G, 05 E55
Area Coordinator Waikato

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Ivor

Post by psyguy »

Good to hear you made it home alright Hamish
HeadlessOne wrote:
any way's on he look out for a new engine if anyone knows where one might be hiding
MikeP night have some info, he's recently had his engine replaced. Mike?

mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
First name: Michael

Post by mknz »

HeadlessOne wrote:Michael could flick me a message I owe an engines compacity worth of oil.
It's chill, I was only hesitant since I didn't think it'd help. Whenever we break down it's the locals that are the best it seems. I'd recommend buying him at least a box of beers and some other treat, use whatever money you'd have spent on oil.

As for new engines, try and find a young one so they don't have this issue https://midshiprunabout.org/mk3/precat-information/. Gut whatever precats you have. Whenever you're ready to drive a long distance I'd recommend checking all your fluid levels, and if you check them on an interval then you'll know if they're being consumed.

Best of luck, don't get too disheartened and I hope we see you on another run where you can see how fun they are.

HeadlessOne
Guest of the Club.
First name: Hamish

Post by HeadlessOne »

Glad you got home eventually. What a good guy. Did the shop come to the party?
Yea so the garage is going to wear the cost of replacing it... so the next step is to find a new engine, they are having a look on there end but in an effort to get back on the road asap i'm going on the hunt too so if you happen to know of anyone who's got a 1zz-fe or 1zz-fed for sale would be grateful for any info.

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

HeadlessOne wrote:Yea so the garage is going to wear the cost of replacing it...
And fair enough too. But that's good to hear. 8)
mknz wrote:Whenever we break down it's the locals that are the best it seems. I'd recommend buying him at least a box of beers and some other treat, use whatever money you'd have spent on oil.
+ 1 to that from me! Send him some beers or something for Christmas. I sure do hope you fixed the guy up for fuel at least? Sounds like he turned out to be a really good bloke. You never know we might need to be in his good books again next time. :wink: We'll certainly be romping past his farm again I know that much. That road is so totally AWesome. :mrgreen:

And yeah, check the fluids yourself every time before you go on a run. And if it's the daily, also take a look at least once a month. :idea:

We'll be doing a few runs this summer so here's to seeing a resurrected MRS-Fortune. :wink:
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

P.S. Aucklanders, book in the 22nd December for a Christmas run to Mike's caravan at Pakiri. BYO sausages, water and sunscreen are a must! See you then! I'll post it up soon, but you have been warned... Twisties to the max! :twisted:

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

On the way down we stopped for a bit on the desert road next to the mountains and I asked my eldest son Isaac to take some photos of the cars. Here's a link to his pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... QjqMso91X1

If you were there, feel free to download them. 8)

Made me laugh to find that Isaac and his Mum (in my passenger seat) had a bit of a "shoot-out". :lol:
SW_DesertRd_shootout.jpg
Isaac_shootout_DesertRd_2.jpg
Isaac's AW (formerly my "Stripe") which won "People's choice AW11" at the Nationals.
He and I were pretty jolly chuffed! :D 8)
IsaacAW_qtr.jpg
Hope to see you at Pakiri.

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by psyguy »

Thanks for the pics Isaac, they're very good!
:D

mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
First name: Michael

Post by mknz »

Thanks Isaac

THR4SHER007
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
First name: Logan

Post by THR4SHER007 »

Awesome pics thanks Isaac
Current:
1991 MR2 G-Limited Manual Hard top
1998 Camry Gracia
Previous:
2004 Toyota Crown Majesta
2018 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401
2008 Toyota Blade Master G
2018 Yamaha YZF R3
1994 Celica ST202 Manual
Follow my Instagram @: https://www.instagram.com/logansunnex/

guthrie
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
First name: Jim

Post by guthrie »

Awewsome pics. you make the car look better than it is :P . thanks Isaac. Cheers Jim

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by psyguy »

Some of you might remember that on the way back from Manfield I complained of a noise from the car that I haven't heard previously. I "identified" it as a rotating / deep howling sound similar to the wheel bearings going out, coming from the rear of the car. The confusing thing was that I had the rear wheel bearings replaced just before the trip. :?

Well, I was right... sort of... the wheel bearings are indeed shot, but at the FRONT wheels, not rear :o

May need to have my hearing checked :P