AKL pre-Manfield test run Sun 3 Nov

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

AKL pre-Manfield test run Sun 3 Nov

Post by mickeyduck »

So in 4 weeks time we'll be whizzing through them twisty back roads from Auckland all the way down to Fielding for the Club's 25th Anniversary Nationals at Manfield. And I have to say a humungous "THANKS!" to those who have organised the event. It's sure to be epic.

I can't wait! :mrgreen:

If you're anything like me, you may have spent a fair dose of time and money working to get your beloved MR2 ready for the occasion.

Well I'm not quite there yet but I'm very much hoping that by next weekend my wee beast will be ready for a bit of a test run. And guess what? The weather next Sunday looks truly stunning!
Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 7.51.02 am.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 7.51.02 am.png (194.6 KiB) Viewed 3056 times
So if you feel like a test run to ensure your 2 is up to speed, pencil in next Sunday, 3 November.

I have an awesome new southern run to do but it's far too good to offer on such short notice, so I'm thinking we might simply do something out west. Nothing too long and expensive, but something that can test the cars' brakes and handling...

The plan: Meet at 9am outside Starbucks at Westgate.

I can't guarantee this run will go ahead on the day because if my SW is not yet able, I'll need to postpone.
But if you're keen, pencil it in and stay tooned. Cos I'm a road runner baby... Beep beep...!

RoadRunner.png
RoadRunner.png (171.64 KiB) Viewed 3056 times
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Re: AKL pre-Manfield test run Sun 3 Nov

Post by psyguy »

I'm in the same boat Charlie!
Would love to be able to road test next weekend but my car may not be ready. I'll know closer to the date.
Yup, been spending a fair bit of time and money on it... :o

Speedhog
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Rodney

Post by Speedhog »

mickeyduck wrote:So in 4 weeks time we'll be whizzing through them twisty back roads from Auckland all the way down to Fielding for the Club's 25th Anniversary Nationals at Manfield. And I have to say a humungous "THANKS!" to those who have organised the event. It's sure to be epic.

I can't wait! :mrgreen:

If you're anything like me, you may have spent a fair dose of time and money working to get your beloved MR2 ready for the occasion.

Well I'm not quite there yet but I'm very much hoping that by next weekend my wee beast will be ready for a bit of a test run. And guess what? The weather next Sunday looks truly stunning!

So if you feel like a test run to ensure your 2 is up to speed, pencil in next Sunday, 3 November.

I have an awesome new southern run to do but it's far too good to offer on such short notice, so I'm thinking we might simply do something out west. Nothing too long and expensive, but something that can test the cars' brakes and handling...
Shall I follow with the truck and trailer Charlie? :lol:

may come for a sojourn if i get time to pull out some tyres to use.. :twisted: :twisted:

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Ivor

Post by psyguy »

Speedhog wrote: Shall I follow with the truck and trailer Charlie? :lol:
Ahem... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Speedhog
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Rodney

Post by Speedhog »

psyguy wrote:
Speedhog wrote: Shall I follow with the truck and trailer Charlie? :lol:
Ahem... :oops: :oops: :oops:
wasn't aimed at anyone Ivor, And it's not the first time I've used the truck after a run. lol.

Just trying to work out how to install a set of harnesses in Madaz. It gets tiring trying to hold yourself up while corning quickly in the shopping cart.. :(

MIKEP
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
First name: Mike

Post by MIKEP »

Love the sound of a run Charlle and being that I'I havnt been out for a while I wouldn't mind tagging along at the back .Dont want to slow you down though.

Also as I'm lending one of my 2s to an Aussie competitor it would be nice to make sure it is ok.He might bitch if he has to walk there.
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Speedhog wrote:Shall I follow with the truck and trailer Charlie? :lol:
Ha ha, I'm busted. Why do you think I'll be doing a run out West Rodney? :wink: :P :lol:

And if you do manage to find Madaz some rubber it'd be great to have you tag along in the shopping trolley mate. 8)

Mike, don't worry mate I'll be in cautious test mode not shred the tyres mode... :wink:

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

simonaszakra
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Mid Canterbury
First name: Simon

Post by simonaszakra »

Attachments
auckalnd run nov 19.jpg
when one isn't enough buy 10

84 AW11 manual 16v smallport redtop
84 AW11 manual 16v redtop (Trackcar)
87 AW11 auto supercharger
86 AW11 manual mossy but to be saved
84 AW11 sneaky boi low numbers car
85 AW11 auto low kms
85 AW11 hopefully not a parts car
86 AW11 nz new sadly a parts car
84 AW11 parts car
93 SW20 GTS

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

simonaszakra wrote:facebook event is up
Good on ya mate. :mrgreen:

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Looking forward to Saturday, dial in the suspension with a few short road tests. And Sunday - a proper wee blat. Should be a great weekend. 8)

Moooovin'.
B00STN-Mangakino.jpg
B00STN-Mangakino.jpg (1015.24 KiB) Viewed 2954 times

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Well the ride is back to its harsh old self more or less, but it seems to turn in nicely and doesn't suffer the usual SW understeer-oversteer thing. It is a handful if you use the throttle on a bumpy road but hey, it always was. I could drop the ride height maybe 10mm but I'll leave it as is because there's no way the tyres will ever hit the guards. The brakes are working. The new air cleaner didn't fall off despite going down one of the worst bumpy back-roads I know of (Nixon Rd, heavy trucks destroy it). And the engine lid liner doesn't rattle or buzz so that's a relief too. Basically I'm happy, so here's to a slightly larger test tomorrow. 8)

See you outside Starbucks at Westgate 9am tomorrow.

nivek
Guest of the Club.
First name: Kevin

Post by nivek »

Hi Charlie, that’s great your setup is getting sorted. I’m keen on coming for a short run. How long to you think the run will be?

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Hard to say Kevin. Probably the best bet would be to just tag along and be prepared to turn around and head back at a certain time if that's your preference. As long as we know, so as we don't all stop to go back to find you, thinking you might have fallen off the road...

nivek
Guest of the Club.
First name: Kevin

Post by nivek »

That’s fine, see you tomorrow

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ