AKL to Pakiri for Christmas BBQ 22 Dec 2019

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
Speedhog
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Rodney

Re: AKL to Pakiri for Christmas BBQ 22 Dec 2019

Post by Speedhog »

mickeyduck wrote:
simonaszakra wrote:facebook event is live
https://www.facebook.com/events/2405864413061223/
Thanks Simon! :D
And if you turn up I'll do my best to ensure you don't go home disappointed. :wink:
Speedhog wrote:Charlie, IM IN! :D
Excellent!
In fact if Simon does turn up (showing on FB as "interested") let's give him the VIP treatment - he could catch a ride with me on the way to Pakiri and with you on the way back. :idea:
That'd give him a taste of Auckland roads and hospitality... :wink:
Ya Know Woodcock's Road isn't that far from Kaipara Hills Road, Tahoua Road, and goes past Komokoriki Hill Road. hhhmmmmm :evil:

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

Yeah but you're the only driver likely to keep it on the road at any decent pace on gravel Rodney. :wink:

And I think in terms of experience, you might have a bit of an advantage over the rest of us... :lol:
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

tw2
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Thomas

Post by tw2 »

I will be there, good fun. If any Hamilton people want to meet up for the drive let me know.
Thomas, 91 G, 05 E55
Area Coordinator Waikato

MIKEP
First name: Mike

Post by MIKEP »

For those that weren't at the last AGM the Facebook issue was covered.it is one of the reasons the role of communications officer was created. Mknz there is no reason we need to change anything or to get involved. It is admirable that you are concerned abou Simons workload but might I suggest that if it ain't broke we don't fix it.

I have received rave comments about the new Facebook posts which are clearly identifiable as being from MR2ocnz.Simon does a great job and we have even had some live streams n it.

Here are some Metrics for you

When Simon started at the AGM we had 1000 likes we Have 400 new likes
In the last 28 days we have had over 2990 post reaches
post engagement 3838

We have had 17 new people join the page in the last 28 days..

Of people who like our page (our audience) 70% are under 34 years old

FFor Auckland to Pakiri run 1.2k people have seen it on Facebook
50 % were located in Auckland
86% are men
70% under 34 years old

21 interested 6 Going

Guys there is room for both things FB and Forum. At a recent JDM meet I went to there were 168 cars . Of those all had at least 1 cell phone in it and more importantantly 93 people had the Facebook app open on their phones. There isn't and there shouldn't be any criticism of those who prefer Facebook.
I think the "Rides" section and tech sections are great in the Forum format but for events FACEBOOK reaches a greater audience.

Interestingly with a quick slice and dice from info on Membership profiles we have less than a 42 % activity on the forum.(active within the last 28 days) .

Facebook also lets you forward the event to your mates where the forum only let's you forward it your friends are forum members
Guys embrace the fact that our wee club has both communication methods and let's just hang out and have fun in our MR2s
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

As I said earlier:

I agree, Facebook is an excellent way to spread the word about Events.
I am NOT anti-Facebook.

I also know there is great benefit for MR2 owners if we continue to capture tech info on the Rides and tech sections of the forum.
It's a LOT easier to find tech info there than it is on Facebook!

If this Club can use both things to the benefit of the Club and the MR2 owners it was founded for, great! :D

And can we please stop making it sound as if we have some pro/con Facebook controversy going on?
It's neither true nor of any benefit.

As Mike says, and as I pointed out when Ivor asked if the event could be posted on Facebook, the Club has people and mechanisms in place to keep on top of these things and as long as that works, it's all good. 8)

As I said earlier, I hardly touch Facebook so I'm glad it's not my responsibility to post Events on it. I just get lost in there. :lol:

Anyway I jumped on here to see if anyone had shown any further interest in the run, not to digress into a dose of defunct discussion.

Thomas, it'll be good to see you again mate. Top marks for planning to come all that way for the run! I don't know if you're into Facebook or not but if you are, hit up the Mooloo crew and see who you can drag along. :idea:

Thankfully the weather forecast still looks good for next Sunday! :D
http://metvuw.com/forecast/forecast.php ... oofdays=10

Righto, off to the shed...
Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 12.32.07 pm.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 12.32.07 pm.png (243.6 KiB) Viewed 2472 times

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

MIKEP
First name: Mike

Post by MIKEP »

Weather looks great ,Spyder.Ready ,painkillers packed. Can't wait see you there
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Weather's still looking great for Sunday. 8)

SW is gassed up and ready to go. Gonna be a SWeet way to start the holidays!

Don't forget your BBQ food, something to drink, and sunscreen!

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Post by psyguy »

Yup, I'm ready for Sunday... have just bought some veggie sausages for the bbq :D

Ooh, you're asking if my CAR is ready... :?

Not so sure... front wheel bearing are on the way out :shock:

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by psyguy »

mickeyduck wrote: Meet at the usual place near Starbucks at Westgate, 9am Sunday 22 December.
Is that for a 9.30 start?

motorheadsw20
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Ivan

Post by motorheadsw20 »

... and again I'm hoping to do the BBQ cooking ... since I didn't quite get to it in Manfield

I'm on my way to get some BBQ food :D ... and have managed to put the turbo and exhaust back on (so it'd be good test if there's any leaks) and test if i get the same misfire/no full boost :)

I'll catch you guys just after the Kaukapakapa pub ... I'd take it around 10:15 ??

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

psyguy wrote:Is that for a 9.30 start?
Yep.
motorheadsw20 wrote:I'll catch you guys just after the Kaukapakapa pub ... I'd take it around 10:15 ??
Something like that Ivan. See you there! 8)

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Thanks Mike and Ivan for your hospitality! And thanks for your company, them that turned up: Mike, Ivan, Ivor, Rodney, Thomas, Tina, and my ever-trusting wife Michelle who has ridden shotgun more times than I can count (takes more guts to ride shotgun than it does to be the pilot, I'm sure some of you will agree). :wink:

AWesome weather (though not an AW in sight) :shock: SWeet roads, b.a. traffic and a great day out. Cheers. :D
DSCF8794.JPG
DSCF8796.JPG
DSCF8805.JPG
DSCF8806.JPG

pommy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Chris

Post by pommy »

Looked like a good run guys, sorry I missed this one had other commitments on close to Xmas!

Hopefully see you guys on the next run.

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

pommy wrote:Hopefully see you guys on the next run.
That would be great Chris.

I'm thinking we shoot down SH22 next time and nip off to the Nikau Cave Cafe instead of going all the way to Raglan. Maybe the 19th of January? That's 4 weeks away and should give most folk time to get back from holidays. A good run for the southern crew too. Might even give Paul time to get an MR2 on the road?
20190915_131915.jpg

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by psyguy »

This is my third Pakiri run, and it was as great as the the other two were - thanks Charlie for leading the run, Mike and Ivan for the hospitality, and everyone else for the company!

My wheel bearings lived to see another day :)
and I even found a temporary fix for them - called noise cancelling earphones :lol: