Taranaki Ghost town 2nd August

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
NABS
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ

Taranaki Ghost town 2nd August

Post by NABS »

Hi All, coming up is going to be a pretty good day, Starting in New Plymouth, departing Gull carpark at 930 on Sunday 2nd August. Early start because it will be a full days drive

Leaving Gull at 930 we will be taking Egmont road all the way to the main road South doing a big loop on some fun roads, even in a truck! It will be a short stint on the main drag north before finding a back road bypassing Inglewood and Stratford and coming out onto the Forgotten highway. From there its on to Whangamomana for lunch in the hope that we beat the bulk of the motorbikes up there before the lunch time rush. After lunch we will continue on up towards Taumarnui, there is a short 14k section of gravel, most of the time its almost as smooth as tarseal and I have taken my good car over this a few times and will be doing so this run too so it cannot be that bad, just might be a little dusty I'm hoping. A little bit further up we will be turning off to Ohura and stopping there for a few minutes to regroup before coming back out on the main road just north of Mt Messenger. Ohura back to the main road is a lot of fun.

Hope to see some of you here, its going to be a fun day
NABS

NABS

Re: Taranaki Ghost town Run postponed

Post by NABS »

Hi All,

Due to the covid 19 virus, I have had to postpone this weekends run for health and safety reasons of everyone.

With the govt banning all non essential national travel, doctors calling for a full country lock down now and the community 'spread' that is now beginning, it's a good idea to postpone this run. There is also no garuntee that after yet another week of this virus, Whangamomana will be open on the day. We need to think about putting safety first, not just of us but others also. Sorry bout this but we will do this run when the risk factor dies down, hopefully later in the year and will let you know once again

Thanks for understanding

Nat
NABS

001SPYDER
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Taranaki
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Gordon

Re: Taranaki Ghost town Postponed

Post by 001SPYDER »

Hi,
Wondering if there are plans on holding this event now that we can partake in non essential travel again... those roads through there are fun as :)

ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Olaf

Re: Taranaki Ghost town Postponed

Post by ClanFever »

Depending when it's held I may be able to attend, I wouldn't mind an overnighter into Taranaki one time, if not this time then definitely another time :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

NABS

Re: Taranaki Ghost town 2nd Aug

Post by NABS »

Hey hope everyone has come out of this virus right way up and I see the region back to relative normality again.

I have a few things to organize (WOF for the car for starters), but looking at a date for this to go ahead without a clash with any other runs and give time to prepare if coming from out of town, I'm looking at the first Sunday in August which is looking the best, Sunday 2nd August, Uncle Bill/Gull carpark 930am

Hope to see you there

N
NABS

pbaron
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Pierre

Re: Taranaki Ghost town 2nd August

Post by pbaron »

Ok, I will probably come along for this one, have booked a room for Saturday night near the start location.
SW20 project car

001SPYDER
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Taranaki
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Gordon

Post by 001SPYDER »

Excellent, Knew there was a reason I didn't get around to dropping my motor out this weekend 👍🏻

Swampy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
First name: James

Post by Swampy »

I last travelled the forgotten highway in 2018, it had quite a few big potholes in it in some sections, hopefully its in better condition now
In the shed: 91 MR2 G-Limited, 95 Subaru Impreza WRX
In the front of the shed: 95 Corolla
In the driveway: 00 Subaru Legacy Lancaster
In the rear view: 87 Honda Prelude, 94 Nissan Serena, 04 Swift
~ 4 Runs ~

simonaszakra
Stomping Ground: Mid Canterbury
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Simon

Post by simonaszakra »

Please confirm the exact date once confirmed and provide an appropriate pic and ill make the Facebook event cheers :)
when one isn't enough buy 10

84 AW11 manual 16v smallport redtop
84 AW11 manual 16v redtop (Trackcar)
87 AW11 auto supercharger
86 AW11 manual mossy but to be saved
84 AW11 sneaky boi low numbers car
85 AW11 auto low kms
85 AW11 hopefully not a parts car
86 AW11 nz new sadly a parts car
84 AW11 parts car
93 SW20 GTS

NABS

Post by NABS »

good to hear, thanks for the feedback too about the potholes! I did this road just last year but will do a run out there next weekend and see what the roads are like.

Confirmed date is Sunday August 2... feel free to use the pic,
Attachments
IMG_9341.JPG
NABS

*84vvt
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Colin

Post by *84vvt »

A picture with some Mr2s in it
Attachments
Back in the day :-)
Back in the day :-)
Essdub.jpg (198.76 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
Boosted cars are like hot women.
A little edgy, every guy wants one,
some guys can't handle them,
and if you throw a little alcohol in them they'll rock your world.

simonaszakra
Stomping Ground: Mid Canterbury
First name: Simon

Post by simonaszakra »

Easy will get that up tonight
when one isn't enough buy 10

84 AW11 manual 16v smallport redtop
84 AW11 manual 16v redtop (Trackcar)
87 AW11 auto supercharger
86 AW11 manual mossy but to be saved
84 AW11 sneaky boi low numbers car
85 AW11 auto low kms
85 AW11 hopefully not a parts car
86 AW11 nz new sadly a parts car
84 AW11 parts car
93 SW20 GTS

NABS

Post by NABS »

I had forgotten about that pic Colin, I think I lost my copy of it when my hdd crashed and took out 2 years and around 30k of club runs from 05-07 ish
NABS

optional
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Manawatu
First name: Keith

Post by optional »

Cool.
Sue and I are booked into the Bella Vista Motel for the Saturday night and Sue is trying to get reservations for the Snug Lounge ( Japanese food, just up the road ) for dinner.
SEe you Sunday or Saturday, if you want to join us for dinner.
Keith

NABS

Post by NABS »

Sounds good. Will catch up with you for tea that Saturday night
NABS