2021 AGM - Saturday 27/03/21 4pm

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

What Weekend Best Suits You For The Agm? 2021

6th-7th March
10%
13th-14th March
10%
20th-21st March
20%
27th-28th March
60%

Total votes: 10

ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Olaf

2021 AGM - Saturday 27/03/21 4pm

Post by ClanFever »

Edit Edit:
This year we have got 3 locations for the AGM set to best allow people to make the day.
Auckland - Auckland Adventure Park
Lower North - Waikanae Memorial Hall
Christchurch - Rakaia gorge

Location and run's to AGM Details
\\\\ AUCKLAND ////
Auckland Adventure Park , 2104 East Coast Road Silverdale
www.Aucklandadventurepark.co.nz
In the meeting room there at 4.00 (refreshments will be provided by Area 51 Cafe at the park)
Date Saturday 27/03/2021
So we will take a quick run up there and hopefully Charlie or Ivan will know a cool back way to get there . Can you let me know guys
Run details to follow or if you want just turn up for some fun
While you are there you might like to try Lugeing on the 600metre track or vertical bungy-Get fired into the air at a maximum of 4G or Ziplining on the 270 meter overhead wire or the tubeslide or even the 4D cinema.
Admission to the park will be free for you you can just pay for any activities you do.

\\\\ LOWER NORTH ////
We are meeting at the Waikanae Memorial Hall from Saturday 3pm 27/03/21, for the 4pm start to the meeting. We only have this location till 7pm, this should be ample time.
The address is 3-5 Pehi Kupa St, Waikanae. We will be upstairs on the Mezzanine Floor.
There is no internet here however I am able to provide two Mobile Hotspots if required, we will have internet for the Zoom call.
There is plenty of parking here at the hall, however it is walking distance from these two motels:
Ariki Lodge Motel, 4 Omahi Street, Waikanae, 0800 800 578 - https://www.arikilodgemotel.co.nz/
Kapiti Gateway Motel, 114 Main Road, Waikanae, 0800 429 360 - https://www.kapitigateway.co.nz/

\\\\ South island / CHCH ////
Meet at 1:30pm for a 2pm departure at the Yaldhurst Pub. from here we will head inland to Rakaia gorge / Mt Hutt Lodge where we have use of one of the houses.
36-46 Te Araroa Trail, Windwhistle 7782 for those traveling directly to the AGM
furthermost house up the hill.
their is room to sleep ~8 people 2 on couches. $20 donation to stay the night as its costing more than the allotted money for AGM.

Edit: Time and date of 4pm on Saturday the 27th March 2021 at 4pm for the AGM. 3 Venues, Christchurch, Auckland and somewhere in the Lower North Island (oooo, mysterious). Once venues have been confirmed, will re-edit this post with them

Hi team! Hope you all have been keeping well

These can be classified as my thoughts, although I shall get them into a word doc and do some formatting so we have a printed copy

Last year, did it happen? Or was it a dream? It honestly feels like after the last AGM in March, the whole year just kind of turned into Mush. Even though the latter half was mostly back to normal, I think for many of us, in our heads we never really got back into the swing of things

A break and then it's a new year. And heck, Jan has gone by fast! Is time speeding up?

I have not been able to do much for the club in any particular fashion. I think for many of us, just making it to the next day was enough work. For some of us, that's still happening.

I have 1 major thing on my mind. With todays social media environment, what is the club now offering for the average MR2 owner? Things that may have been useful in the past (search functions, cheaper rates at suppliers, merchandise) are now readily available regardless of club membership. Membership also does not bar non members for joining events (that is not about to change, just saying that's not a membership benefit)

Which is not to say the club cannot offer more. The club brings us all together around 3 (for now) different Toyota chassis' - and for the wider part, general Toyota and Mid Engine ownership. It's great to see so many different types of owner of either MR2, Toyota or Mid Engine Car (or appreciator) who comes to our events and make them what they are!!

This is what I'll be focusing on at the AGM and beyond. Club value. Things you can't do easily do or get with some of the crews on social media. There are far more things we can do as a club to entice new members and make it very enjoyable for our current ones, so why aren't we!

Comment any ideas you have for where, and what you believe should be discussed at the AGM.

For me, Taupo with the South Island having a linked in session in Christchurch would likely be best - however open to all ideas. Taranaki for the North Island could be a nice change. Do we need to organise some Go Karts or similar as well?
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

Crawls
Stomping Ground: Hawkes Bay
First name: Keith

Re: 2021 AGM

Post by Crawls »

Hey Olaf, there are some great points in your write up, looking forward to getting into it.

I'm happy for Taupo or new plymouth
Keith "Crawls" Crawley
Membership Officer & Hawkes Bay Area Coordinator
90 SW20 n/a (Repairing)
18 Fortuner (Current)
92 SW20 (Current)
https://www.instagram.com/keith_crawley

ClanFever

Post by ClanFever »

Here are last years minutes. Apologies, some things in here that were meant to be done have not been, partly due to the brain fog encountered by yours truely. We will go over them again next month and ensure there is an action plan in place to implement.

Apologies as there may not be 30 days warning if we pick an earlier date. However, late March is feeling better for me
Attachments
AGM Minutes 2020.docx
(72.71 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

Crawls

Post by Crawls »

What is there to do in say Taranaki?

I do believe that it is an equal distance from Wellington as it is from Auckland and Hawkes Bay.
Plus there is a few guys and gals that could be keen for a catch up in the 'Naki.
I guess it all depends on whether there is anything decent to do there as i dont know.

Me personally, i dont mind going to taupo, but any further is a bit of a waste for me due to only using a damn corolla.
Dont think the 'rolla would survive doing burnouts on a skidpad... and i am sure as hell not using my 4WD.

I think that getting a good venue is a vital step in getting the most participants to the AGM and after functions.

I would love to be able to have a meet & greet with the other NI AC's, may even get some good ideas together for future runs etc.

Maybe in this AGM we should get ideas going forward for the next one regarding locations.

My two cents,
Keith "Crawls" Crawley
90 SW20 n/a (Repairing)
18 Fortuner (Current)
92 SW20 (Current)

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

We had a few AGMs in Taupo as it's central for the NI bunch and frankly it's a nice place and there are plenty of excellent back-roads to get you there. The race track there is brilliant and one year we even managed to combine the AGM with the invention of Toyotafest. 8) That was a fun AGM. I like Taupo and it always works well.
AGM-Taupo-2016.JPG
I loved Manfield and Fielding and the roads there and back too, though it is further and more expensive for us up here. But that Nationals thing was epic Mike. :mrgreen: Should be an annual event. With the AGM. :idea:

The Naki would be interesting as I've never been there and never yet driven The Forgotten Highway. Some excellent folk in this Club are Nackers / Nakkies / Nakkians whatever they call themselves... :lol:

Just remember guys that late notice means less attendees and also less availability of accommodation. Not a dig, just saying you'll need to decide on a venue pretty quick...

The way things are going regards both finances and MR2s I can't say I'll be there (wherever it is) but that's just my 5 cents.

Regards the Auckland MR2 crew, most are not members of our MR2 Owners Club of NZ Inc simply because they choose not to be and that precludes them from speaking at the AGM. Not my idea it's simply the rules. I've known many of those guys for years and they've come on many of my runs and I always made them welcome but hey they are not in our Club and by way of their own volition, likely never will be.

As for 2020 and schedules etc I'm gonna kick into Grandpa mode for a mo... Cos looking back at how seriously things were taken it makes me laugh.

Back in the day we bent over backwards to get things done as per the time-frame prescribed by both tradition and necessity and believe me when you had to send physical letters a few times over that schedule was tight and there was a lot of work to do. And man did I get my ear chewed by my predecessors on occasion despite my best efforts!

There was a patch when I was Auckland AC, President, Webmaster and Membership Officer all-in-one and back then membership renewals were annual and that meant letters, reminders, updating spreadsheets and the web site and its membership groups, reports to Committee, membership cards to be made and posted with accompanying letter etc, all leading up to the AGM which had its own mad dose of snail mail and schedules to stick to.... She was all on I tell ya! :P

I'm happy to forget those ridiculous days and long, long evenings. Pretty sure Michelle will agree.

Frankly Olaf I think the entire planet has been a bit side-tracked by 2020 and (perhaps stupidly as we're not clear yet) would rather forget it ever happened, even here in NZ where we've hardly been dented by comparison. So don't sweat it mate. All good.

Just make the most of today cos that's the only way the future gets to be in decent shape! :D
JDM_Smilee_aka_COVID19.JPG
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

Crawls

Post by Crawls »

Charlie, that sounds like a whole frunk full of wisdom. We need some of that wisdom gifted around.

But you are right, last year was a crap shoot. So we do need to remember that.
Keith "Crawls" Crawley
90 SW20 n/a (Repairing)
18 Fortuner (Current)
92 SW20 (Current)

Soleman
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Carl

Post by Soleman »

Fyi, Many of us Auckland Mr2 Members and most of the Admins are Life (Paid)Members of Mr2oc.

Surely paid members have a right of say at the agm?. Or are the rules being changed to discriminate us. 🤣
Green Rage Metallic Sw20
5sgte. YeeHaa

001SPYDER
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Taranaki
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Gordon

Post by 001SPYDER »

"What is there to do in say Taranaki?"

"Drive" ....lol we got some amazing roads that loop around the whole region...
After getting the toycar back on the road Aug 20 nudging on 9000km driven.

but yeah not much club activity around these parts sadly.

MIKEP
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
First name: Mike

Post by MIKEP »

Hey Carl

.Any member can have a say at the AGM.I hate this them and us stuff. We all own and love MR2s > Need you to come and have a say . It is great to see people there .At the moment there isnt even a venue agreed on and now its a little off track .As soon as we have a venue finalized ill let you know but love to see you there. I know and appreciate you guys are club members and there is a real good reason to have you there.
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

Soleman wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:57 pm
Fyi, Many of us Auckland Mr2 Members and most of the Admins are Life (Paid)Members of Mr2oc.
Really nice to hear that Carl. Forgive me if I've been out of the loop for a few years and have lost touch with where things are at now. More than happy to leave it up to you younger lot now and it sounds like things are moving in a positive direction so that's great. 8)

As I said, the rules state that non members aren't allowed to have a say at an AGM because in any organisation non-members don't get to say how to run an outfit that they aren't into. Fair enough, eh?

As members however you are of course entitled to rock up to an AGM and have your say. We all wish more people would!
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

IC3YG4M3R
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Nick

Post by IC3YG4M3R »

Hey all, I'm going to try and aim to be there this year, I'll keep an eye on this thread, also dropping a note in here so it notifies me when there's updates.
Looking forward to catching up as I haven't seen a few of you in ages, and my mr2 is running nicely at the moment :D
Hi I'm Nick and I'm currently building a high powered SW, feel free to find my forum build thread or check out my Instagram.

Instagram: @mon5tr_mr2

MR2OCNZ Instagram Admin
Club Instagram: @mr2ocnz

SW20 - 92 - GTS - Manual - Purple

ClanFever

Post by ClanFever »

Appreciate all the comments guys, especially you Charlie. The wisdom is awesome, you've always got something constructive and kind to say 8)

I agree with Mike's sentiment, we're all here for the MR2. This is the AGM for the club itself, more or less a formal thing we've got to do as an incorporated club. A more casual meeting prior/post to say a Nation wide event (like the Nationals) could also be a good idea, this would allow non members to just come and give us their thoughts. We'd still have to have the Member only AGM, as per the rules

With all the Lockdown stuff worldwide last year, conference tech has come a long way. The South Island already conferences in, I don't see why we couldn't have two North Island venues this year, this could help a lot of people attend and have their say. I would be happy to front additional costs above the AGM budget, if required, for conference rooms/BBQ food

If we were to have two North Island venues, I'd need someone to organise something for the Auckland or Waikato-ish region. A conference room that has internet, and a decent laptop. Just my thoughts, as time is getting narrow and that's purely my fault. Part of this is the Committee members in the Lower North region would benefit currently with something closer to home - we also have a bulk lot of members in both the Auckland/Waikato and Wellington regions, perhaps the two distinct locations would allow even more attendance, which is only good.

I know people would love to catch up in person, and we will, there will be more Nation Wide events that any Mr2 owner can come to :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MIKEP
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
First name: Mike

Post by MIKEP »

Thanks Olaf

I agree and with Zoom or skype of something sim,ilar it would be easy to get something organised here . So from the Auckland Waikiki team who is in ?

What do you want to do for an activity -a Run or Skid Pad or Drags or Go Karting or Car Show?

Would you have the meeting on the Saturday Olaf? If so we could grab dinner BBQ together

So to see if its worthwhile heres a survey Lets see whats what

If we have a meeting by remote in Auckland who will come ?

Who wants to go to welly or lower North island ?

Let me know so i can start things rolling here
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport

ClanFever

Post by ClanFever »

I'm going to lock in the date/time of 27th March 2021 at 4pm for the AGM

Am just trying to find a venue for down these ways, but I think if we set that date, Chch and Auckland can find something, and we'll do something in the Lower North region

Once we all have our venues, post them in here and I'll fire out an email to all members

For Lower North, the idea is going to be come down on the Friday (if you can) and we'll do some Go Karts on the morning on the Sat. AGM and BBQ or Dinner Out on the Sat arvo/night, and perhaps a guided tour through Southwards Car Museum, or a simple cruise on the Sunday morning/midday.

simonaszakra
Stomping Ground: Mid Canterbury
First name: Simon

Re: 2021 AGM - Saturday 27/03/21 4pm

Post by simonaszakra »

Hi all

Facebook Event is live
https://www.facebook.com/events/3120111141545653

I can confirm the following for the south island

\\\\ South island / CHCH ////
Meet at 1:30pm for a 2pm departure at the Yaldhurst Pub. from here we will head inland to Rakaia gorge / Mt Hutt Lodge where we have use of one of the houses.
36-46 Te Araroa Trail, Windwhistle 7782 for those traveling directly to the AGM
furthermost house up the hill.
their is room to sleep ~8 people 2 on couches. $20 donation to stay the night as its costing more than the allotted money for AGM.
Attachments
AGM 2021.jpg
AGM 2021.jpg (409.46 KiB) Viewed 1839 times
when one isn't enough buy 10

84 AW11 manual 16v smallport redtop
84 AW11 manual 16v redtop (Trackcar)
87 AW11 auto supercharger
86 AW11 manual mossy but to be saved
84 AW11 sneaky boi low numbers car
85 AW11 auto low kms
85 AW11 hopefully not a parts car
86 AW11 nz new sadly a parts car