Fri 18th-Sun 20th March 2005 - National Motor Show, Hamilton

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

:D Well it came to pass, that not only did I attend the meal, albeit late, with my very good friend Dennis, we had unexpected but welcome guests, Tonya and Kane, Tatiana and Derek & Wendy. :wink:

As important as this, Ujwal the mighty Brain, eloquent protagonist and third Birhtday person, also attended. Damn it was a good night. :lol:

A great turn out, which went on to well after 4 in the morning :shock: by the time we had visited Countdown Anglesea St, waited 20 minutes to get served our chippies and beer, cruised Hamiltons nightspots so Tatiana could see it was a place where things happened, and then drove quietly to Derek & Wendys, where we ate Chris's favorite, Hot Cross buns with butter :wink: , drank Guiness that's supposed to be drunk straight from the bottle :P , then drove to Chris' humble home to watch Mario & Michael Andretti build an Indy racer and test it, then educate the unexposed Russian to intelligent, composed rock symphonies performed live in Rio by Canadian band RUSH - Chris' favorite band. :twisted: 8)

Sunday followed Saturday night very very quickly :!: . Dennis was up sorted and car washed by 8am, only to discover Tonya had beaten him to the Show..... from Auckland!!!! :o

So Dennis left at eight, and Tatiana followed Chris and two of his wee men to the Show. :)

We eventually ended up at the stand, where we took photos of the cars on Display, RamLam, LiLMR2, MAguyva, Luders Speed mobile, MR24US, MYWRC and one other? 8)

The people on the stand did another great job as ambassadors for the club, the brand and the cars. :wink:

Chris stood on a platform and peppered a beaten up holden Commodore with practise golf balls all in the name of adult entertainment, oops, I mean charity....... :oops:

The result of gently stroking 15 balls in ten minutes? :?: 4litres of Valvoline semisynthetic oil, lots of giggles from spectators :? , peers, friends and family, apparently all for different reasons.

Either I stick my butt out a long way when I'm pitching golf balls :P , or something else happens to amuse so many people. :twisted:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......

Dennis th'Menace
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Dennis

Post by Dennis th'Menace »

Indded, it was a mighty fine event. And I promise not to mention VQwik's ripped jeans... opps, did I mention it ?

:wink:

justsomeguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: JSG

Post by justsomeguy »

Dennis th'Menace wrote:Indded, it was a mighty fine event. And I promise not to mention VQwik's ripped jeans... opps, did I mention it ?

:wink:
WHY YOU LITTLE!!!!!! (Homer to Bart).......... Now I've got to get that image out of my head.........

LES McLEOD
Guest of the Club.

Post by LES McLEOD »

:oops: A little late I know but just like to say how wonderfull it was to see so many SW11s & AW20s at the show are so well groomed, :wink:

Auntie
:roll:

justsomeguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by justsomeguy »

LES McLEOD wrote::oops: A little late I know but just like to say how wonderfull it was to see so many SW11s & AW20s at the show are so well groomed, :wink:

Auntie
Speaking of well groomed: Any person who can maintain a car that has done over 160,000k's in the state that Rex has, has my utmost respect. That car is literally looks BRAND NEW!!!!!!!!!

I salute you Rex. :)

justsomeguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by justsomeguy »

LES McLEOD wrote::oops: A little late I know but just like to say how wonderfull it was to see so many SW11s & AW20s at the show are so well groomed, :wink:

Auntie
Speaking of well groomed: Any person who can maintain a car that has done over 160,000k's in the state that Rex has, has my utmost respect. That car is literally looks BRAND NEW!!!!!!!!!

I salute you Rex. :)