MegaRun 2005 - The Run South

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
Dennis th'Menace
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Dennis

MegaRun 2005 - The Run South

Post by Dennis th'Menace »

Greetings All,

Following the response from my previous postings, both to the forum and the list, the Great Northern Invasion itinerary is now finalised.

Given that Monday is Auckland Anniversary Day, and pretty much the last chance for family time till Easter, I�ve moved the �Invasion� back a day. The basic outline is this :

The Invasion and the �Run on Parliament� will begin in Rotorua on Tuesday late morning. From there we head down the island via Taupo and Waiouru, a break at Palmerston North then continuing down via Levin to reach Wellington for dinner.

We cross the Strait early (and I do mean early) Wednesday morning and travel via Blenheim and Murchison

Following discussions, this route has been amended to travel down the East Coast to Kaikoura, then across

to reach Hamner Springs around midday. I understand that certain people within the club will be jumping off a high structure with elastic round their ankles. When we've cleaned up that mess we'll be resting up, overnighting in Hamner Springs.

Thursday morning will see a more reasonable start time, heading out via Culverden, Ashburton and Christchurch and meeting up with the MegaRun team at Timaru approximately 11:30AM

Stay tuned, folks. I'll be posting a schedule of the meeting points and times very shortly.

Dennis Neagle
Last edited by Dennis th'Menace on Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dennis Neagle
President, MR2 Owners Club, Qld

"There is a fine line between Hobby and Obsession"

LES McLEOD
Guest of the Club.

Post by LES McLEOD »

:D That sounds great Dennis.
Thanks for all your effort in organising this run, I known all the work you and Tonya :wink: have done and I am sure others do also.
With out people like you two the top of the north wouldnt be there :D :D :twisted: :evil: :P
If theres anyone out there thinking of going to the Mega Run nows the time to say we are going, but if like some that have work etc but are coming as far as Wellington get in touch with Dennis or Tonya ASAP :P : , Dennis has closed the clock , but might go till Monday go surprise that so fast guy :twisted:

Auntie

Dennis th'Menace
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Dennis

Post by Dennis th'Menace »

Just so I don't keep hogging the top of the Events section I've turned this thread to Normal. By way of an update the route and schedule for the Run to Timaru is now finalised (well, as final as something this big could ever get) and is available as an Excell file to anyone that wants it now.

I'll be posting it as a link later on, but if you want it now just send me an email.

By the way, I'm still hoping for a Wellington member to volunteer a good dinner spot :wink:
Dennis Neagle
President, MR2 Owners Club, Qld

"There is a fine line between Hobby and Obsession"