Waikato Area Coordinator 2005 - First run March 13th 2005

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
VQwikMR2Driva

Waikato Area Coordinator 2005 - First run March 13th 2005

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

It's official - the Megarun 2005 was a fantastic event.

It was well organised, well run and well attended.

An important but brief announcement.

I was disappointed to be told that Brett and Marianne Evans decided not to continue on as Coordinators in 2005.

I talked at length with Marianne, but no amount of encouragement would change their minds.

The result is that Waikato has a new area coordinator for 2005.

My name is Chris Welch :wink: , and some of you know me well. I am going to continue the hard work that Brett and Marianne put in to promoting the club and growing the numbers. I will work hard for you guys too.

First run will be to Gordonton and a quiet lunch, to discuss what you'd all like to see this year.

Meeting at Gallaghers at 11:45am, departing 12 noon. Arriving in Gordonton by 12:45pm. Lunch for an hour or so. Short run for an hour or so finishing up in town.

Bring your thinking caps :idea: and I'll bring my calendar :!: .

Cheers :P
Last edited by VQwikMR2Driva on Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

I'll be confirming the lunch venue tomorrow , keep your eyes peeled please.

cheers

LES McLEOD
Guest of the Club.

Post by LES McLEOD »

8) Auntie will be there and I will see how many BOP ones I can get along also as it would be good as you say Chris to see what the members want. :P
:) Auntie

MR2ROX
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: Looking for an MR2
First name: M

Post by MR2ROX »

Sounds awesome. 8) I might just turn up to the lunch spot in my Mazda Capella as MR2ROX is currently being saved from death row. Also if people could bring along copies of photos of their cars at other events, I can work on the National Motor Show display in time for the show the weekend after and get more ideas from you guys for the show. :P I promise I'll leave the more dubious photos out - especially the Whakapapa ones from last year! :!: No point in incriminating myself more :twisted:

Cheers
Marianne
Hamilton

mista2
Guest of the Club.

Photos for Display.

Post by mista2 »

Feel free to steal from the MegaRun site for photos you want to print.
John Howell
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Chromeronin
Or visit my BLOG: http://nzhomegeek.wordpress.com

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

Apologies to all, I failed in the simple task of finding time to make that phone call.
:oops:

I have booked time with myself to make said call at lunching time tomorrow from this very office!!!!
:wink:

By the way, Thank you vry much Aunty and Marianne for you posts to this thread. :)

Looking forward to seeing you all.

HA!!! :twisted:

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

The venue for lunch has been confirmed today.

The ring around for numbers attending will be done tonight including the three new members who asked to join us yesterday at the Taupo race track.

Once I've done the ring around I'll make one last call on Thursday to you all, and then I'll expect a phone call from anyone who can't make it.

Cheers for now :wink:

LES McLEOD
Guest of the Club.

Post by LES McLEOD »

:wink: I will do a ring around the Kawerau ones for you if you like to save a Toll call, will let you know final numbers Thursday morning, for now Rex and I ( 2 ) for sure :roll:

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

That would be really helpful Aunty, thanks

Dennis th'Menace
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Dennis

Post by Dennis th'Menace »

What's the cut-off day for numbers, Chris. Some of the Aucks were considering coming down next Sunday, but I'll shake the tree's tomorrow and confirm.

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

No cut off, be there if you can is the only rule.

We will meet opposite Gallaghers Building on Kahikatea Drive.

I'll be there from 11:30, we will be leaving at noon.

If you don't or can't make it for noon, we will arrive at 934 Gordonto Road by 1pm.

I'll be leading the way out to the destination, and will be available by cell phone during the run for people wanting to catch up or meet.

St_Gabriel
Guest of the Club.

Post by St_Gabriel »

Anyone from Cambridge (or surounds) want to meet up and travel in convoy to the meeting place?
say 1115hrs at the BP connect

LES McLEOD
Guest of the Club.

Post by LES McLEOD »

:D BOP well be comeing your way and we would love you to join us.
Can I get back to you on time and place on friday evening please?
:wink: I await your :D
Auntie