Waikato Run 13th March 2005

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Do you like surprises?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:21 pm

Yep, bring it on Chris!!
50%
Yes I would, and want to help
50%

Total votes: 6

VQwikMR2Driva

Waikato Run 13th March 2005

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

:)
:lol:
:shock:

15 cars for our first run, the majority were not SW20's.

Special thanks to all the visitors who made the first run as good as it was.

The visitors were, Dave and Noeline Murray (BOP A/C), Graeme Bridges (TGA), Aunty Lesley & Uncle Rex (Kawerau), Dennis Neagle & special guest Tonya Graham (Akld A/C), and Rob Flett who came from the Mt for the run.

Thanks to the locals, I had a nice quiet day - thank you.

Please forward all pictures, photos to me on/by email or CD so I can keep a photographic journal of this years runs...... which will be available to members free of charge at the end of the year. (After Megarun 2006)

I can hardly wait to go on some of runs you guys suggested, it's going to be loads of fun.

Thanks to my wife for bringing the children,

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

Righty ho then,

would the kind people who indicated they'd like to help with surprises private message me, or email me at [email protected] and I'll keep your identities secret too.

Cheers for now

regards

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

I forgot to mention where we went for those that are interested.

We kept the South Island links alive by visiting one of Cadbury's best customers. We visited Candyland, a veritable haven for tubby butt area coordinators and their cohorts, who appreciate the sweeter things in life.

We arrived there by trekking down some little used point and squirt roads on the Northwest of Hamilton. We were never more than 20 minutes from town, considering the needs of fuel tanks, comfort stops and fun factor.

Having watched how possum poos and rabbit poos were made, we got to make our very own Lollipops.

Chris the Creative tried to make a gear/cog shaped lollipop, and succeeded for a while.

But half an hours driving with warm thingy in trouser pocket ensured a flattened look. More like a flower now. :oops:

Which leads to the next destination, via Woodlands Gardens, which is an amazing venue for all sorts of gatherings, finally arriving at Willow Glenn.

The proprietors of this stunning restaurant and gardens, both own MR2's, well you don't say. Well we all ate and drank and talked, some more than others, and it took a little while, coz well presented good food takes a little while, but the ideas and comaraderie were free flowing.

Much love to all who contributed and made this day fun. :oops:

I thank you all for making it really easy for me. :wink:

See you in April - if not before :wink: