Important! Change of Hamilton Dinner Venue - Sat 19th March

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

My heart goes out to Marianne who worked very hard to make sure we had somewhere we could all meet and eat. I know she is terribly embarrassed by the food at the venue.

But a big thank you for organising the event so well again.

My thoughts of the venue are, Front of House staff very accommodating, very patient, and very reasonable.

The state of the venue was nobodys fault. The establishment has to keep trading, the contractor is very late by programme, and the hapless owners have to live with the consequences of that.

The quality of the food was appalling. I have never been presented with food like it in a public venue.

For this reason alone, and this would have determined whether I chose it as a venue as an organiser too, I would never suggest to friends, family or guests that they use Southern Cross Motels restaurant.

Whilst handy to some peoples homes and Motels, I know that there were some well priced restaurants who could cater for our group just a few hundred meters down the main street, even at short notice.

As an organiser this venue is on my Blacklist.

But well done Marianne for getting the job done for the Club. Obviously, you went to a great deal of trouble to make sure it all went smoothly for us again, thanks.

justsomeguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: JSG

Post by justsomeguy »

Yes the food was :x

But the cake was :P

Thanks Auntie......... the last time I had a "proper b'day party" was when I was a kid.......

SO BIG THANKS FOR EVERYTHING ALL OF YOU ESPECIALLY AUNTIE!!!!

And no more dissing the place please........ it's all in the past now. We guys have much better things to talk about!!! It was great to meet everyone and have a general chat...... see all the familiar faces again... been a few months since I last saw Chris...... and meeting Ben for the first time was nice...... I hope the cops haven't found you yet Ben..... good thing we have no capital punishment here "aye" :P

Heheheheheheh

Cheers :lol: