Waikato Run 10th April 2005

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
St_Gabriel
Guest of the Club.

Post by St_Gabriel »

keep ur chin up Chris, I think u r doing a wonderful job and keep up the good work
pity jealousy creeps into something when people think they might be missing out

Dennis th'Menace
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Dennis

Post by Dennis th'Menace »

I don't think it's so much jealousy, so much as peoples perceptions of Club Runs may have changed in recent months. To avoid hijacking this thread, please jump to ...

here
Dennis Neagle
President, MR2 Owners Club, Qld

"There is a fine line between Hobby and Obsession"

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

Righty ho then

Details will be confirmed Monday night 04/04/05 by phone call,

Cheers for now

Spinner
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: Steve

Post by Spinner »

Just to clarify a few things.

IceMaiden, I'm sorry if my "organise something yourself and don't whinge" comment came across as being a little harsh. That wasn't my intention ... whinge probably wasn't the best word to use, but the intention was to point out that its one event that has restricted numbers due to the nature of the event and those numbers have been reserved for area members first and foremost.

I can understand that if you're going to be in the area at that time that you might want to participate in the event, but you should possibly also bear in mind that the different regions are expected to provide club activities in a more or less independent fashion and are therefore basically autonomous (with support from a national level) and therefore need to cater for members within their area first. Its unfortunate that the event requires the exclusion of some members and I can also see your point that it feels like a snub to be told that you're not welcome to attend because you're from a different area.

In my opinion, the best way to get over that is to say "sod those Waikato bods, lets organise an event that they'd love to attend and keep it solely for the Auckland region" ..... well ... that's a bit tongue in cheek really, but you kinda get the idea. If we're so excited about our own activities and events we don't have time to worry about what we might be missing elsewhere.

Auntie, we haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet although I have heard all about you, your enthusiasm and drive. I keep a low profile in the club and haven't been particularly active lately, though I have been threatening (and promising) Dennis that I will attend a club run one of these days. I was one of the original four members of the club, way back around 1994 and I am, by default, a life member. Having been around a wee while :wink: I have seen the club grow, prosper, evolve, suffer growing pains and forge ahead. In the (dim, distant) past I've organised, participated, contributed and retired. I prefer to keep a low profile and let the people who have the energy and enthusiasm to move the club forward do their thing ..... we've had our time. Perhaps come the next MegaRun we may make an appearance ... perhaps sooner. We were spotted during a combined club run in February this year. :wink:

Spinner
Some people are like slinkies - they serve no real purpose in life but they always bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Half a bubble off plumb

LES McLEOD
Guest of the Club.

Post by LES McLEOD »

Hi thanks for that, look forward to meeting you as I have met your Partners Mum at Bayfare just before the BOP Mega Run. 2004
Are you coming to Manfield in May :?:

Auntie
:roll:

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

The secret squirrel activity is not Paint Ball.

So stop guessing - and we will have at least 4 newbies on Sunday, with possibly two more to come.

CHeers for now

St_Gabriel
Guest of the Club.

Post by St_Gabriel »

VQwikMR2Driva wrote:The secret squirrel activity is not Paint Ball.
BUGGER

Dennis th'Menace
Guest of the Club.

St_Gabriel wrote: BUGGER
Probably not that either :lol:

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

Well then, we have 6 newbies attending this run. Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time again. :twisted:

YEeeeehhahahahahah

Dennis th'Menace
Guest of the Club.

Good luck, Chris - we're all looking forward to the aftermath :lol:

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

Guess what, :?: another newbie couple have asked to come on Sunday - oh my word..... :!:

We're gonig to have a great time, :D

Possibly 12 local cars, which I think, would be a major milestone and almost double the usual number.
:twisted:

Yahhhhhhhooooooooo!!!!! :arrow:

Russki
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Tat

Post by Russki »

Good on you Chris we all waiting for photo evidences of your mystery Run. We all are soo curious.... :twisted:

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

This is just a little odd, I just got call on my cell phone - 2 more newbies. :shock:

The club must be doing something right!!! :wink:

I think at last count, that's ten newbies, five new cars and an age range of 18 to 65? :shock:

I can't wait for Sunday - it's going to be a blast! :!:

HEY!! I heard THAT!!! It's not just going to be fun for me because of the eating part!! :twisted:

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

IceMaiden wrote:
VQwikMR2Driva wrote:HEY!! I heard THAT!!! It's not just going to be fun for me because of the eating part!! :twisted:
Are the VOICES getting to you AGAIN :twisted: :!:
I have extraordinary levels of perception - already know what you're going to say next.

Do I offer a preemptive strike, or pounce on the opportunites offered to me everytime you post?

HAHAH HAHAH HAHAH.................. sorry ........ furballl

:wink: