Wellington run for this month 17/04/05 10 00am

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
*84vvt
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Colin

Wellington run for this month 17/04/05 10 00am

Post by *84vvt »

We are off to the Amazing Maize
at Marton
Leaving Petone Wharf
at 10 00ish
And meeting up with the Manawatu Mr2
club members??
(I hope I can round some up)
At Palmerston Square 1230ish
It was a lot of fun last year
see you all at the wharf...
:wink:
Last edited by *84vvt on Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

cogent

Post by cogent »

ooo now i have my restricted id love to come along, would be the first time ive had the aw11 outside of wellington aswell :shock:

*84vvt
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Colin

Post by *84vvt »

Thats 2 any more???
Cogent
what colour car do you have??

LeMassageR2

Run thing

Post by LeMassageR2 »

Yes, me!!!!

....and its Red (Bright)

cogent

Post by cogent »

*84vvt wrote:Thats 2 any more???
Cogent
what colour car do you have??
Red 86 N/A Aw11

Dennis th'Menace
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Dennis

Post by Dennis th'Menace »

Good luck guys and gals - let us know how the day went :)
Dennis Neagle
President, MR2 Owners Club, Qld

"There is a fine line between Hobby and Obsession"

Russki
Guest of the Club.
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Tat

Post by Russki »

Yeah, good. there is a pretty good chance that I will get my car back till this Run. So I will be there. That will be a trial Run for me as I want to check our car how well all new oils work...Where are my bloody tyres?! somewhere in the country ...not at our local joint... :(
Someone here from Manawatu? we could meet with Welly convoy somewhere in Otaki or Levin...Let me know by PM.

Cheers for now

Russki
Guest of the Club.

Meeting place

Post by Russki »

Anyone from Waikanae, paraparaumu, raumati, Otaki, levin etc- we all are meeting Wellington convoy at McDonalds in paraparaumu at 10.45 am firm.
According to message on my phone :D

If not- PN at 12.30.
See you all there...
any question: 021 0459935

cheers for now
Tatiana
dark green SW20 NA

Russki
Guest of the Club.

After Run notes...

Post by Russki »

Well, all went nice and smoothly. Run was good, thank you Colin for organization and wonderful navigation especially thru corn field :twisted:
I enjoyed it.
Nice to see old and new people on the Run- we ve got 2 Nicks now :D Different cars but both from Lower Hutt if I remember that correctly. Was very pleasant to see you guys.
By the way, I was last person in convoy on our way to Welly and stuck in the traffic but I saw flashing lights down to Raumati passing line caused by nice gentleman in uniform- hope no one of you guys, Colin and 2 Nicks, was a reason of that ? :D

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

Tell us more about the maize......... how did you go Tatiana?

Did you run around scaring people from behind.

Did you take poor Andy with you?

What was it like, coz I've heard the maize mazes are pretty cool.

Might try something up here.

Russki
Guest of the Club.

Post by Russki »

Well. I couldn't wait for such amazing Day so I hardly slept night before!
First: Andrew is still holding a crown of extremely lazy person in the Club...He didn't go :?
Then I had phone call from person from Lower Hutt who was runnig a little bit so I told him- go anyway- we are so kind here in the Club so we will wait ofor you. He made it! That how we discovered a new person in our company- Nick and his red AW11.
Met all people at Paraparaumu McDonalds- running late of course. Then Otaki. Then heading towards PN. The convoy went very quickly so I had the opportunity to check acceleration and braking on my car. (Meanwhile discovered that shocks are stuffed completely :shock: )
Arrived PN . Meanwhile lost our leaders and poor Mr. Peal was very confused by that fact :lol:
But anyway finally arrived on centre of PN. Where I took some pictures of '2s.
Some of us decided to shop -stay-whatever in Palmy but 5 cars including myself went to Maize. Under strong supervision of our AC :D
On place (looks like a big farm in the middle of corn fields) we paid $9 each , got special map ( I still keep it) and off we went.
The paths were cut thru corn field in all imagine direction and whole deal was called "Escape from Egypt". We were happy to follow our beloved AC with map in his hands until we discovered all dead ends of all paths on that bloody field! :twisted:
I was worried about MISTA2's little one. Poor child was bounced and shacked in his pram on bumpy narrow path... :) But glad he made all the way thru this navigation trial :D
Some of us managed to take some pictures in between corn walls.
Result: MR2 Club Team made this trial for 40 min and I was told that that is better than one last year. :D

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

The corn like crop you have described, is probably Maize.

It's harvested and stored as winter feed for livestock.

It sounds like you had a great time....

Sown the seeds for ideas.

Russki
Guest of the Club.

Post by Russki »

They strongly said- Don't pick up the corn!!! but some of HUNGRY for food members of the Club did.... :D :D