Waikato Run 1st May 2005

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
VQwikMR2Driva

Waikato Run 1st May 2005

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

Hi guys, how would you feel about a run on the 1st of May.

It has been pointed out to me that the second weekend is Mothers Day and the third weekend is Play Day @ Manfield.

Would you like a decent drive as a shake down and a chance to say Hi before Manfield?

Let me know your thoughts but the plan is to meet opposite Gallaghers at 9am for a 9:30 departure. We will be gone for at least 5 hours. Aiming to be back in town for 3:30pm.

We will then go for a decent drive out to the coast, you'll need fuel for least 400km round trip.

Yes there will be comfort stops, garages and loos.

Yes we will find somewhere to have a feed and wet the whistle.

Yes it's going to be fun. And this will be a dedicated driving run, through gorgeous countryside to a beach.
Last edited by VQwikMR2Driva on Sun May 01, 2005 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maggz

Post by Maggz »

:lol: Yeah !!! I'v finally managed to 'get in' to the forum and type away !!! I rock...... now hope it turns out ok with nice pretty smilies ... I could be here all night ...

Yip, you go Chris ... 1/5/05 sounds like a great idea, count Derek & myself in!!! 8)

from Me .. here goes, I'm gonna post !

Maggz

Post by Maggz »

:lol: :D What do you know Chris .. it worked !! well more factual .. I worked !! does this mean I am now a comp nerd !!???

Dennis th'Menace
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Dennis

Post by Dennis th'Menace »

Maggz wrote: does this mean I am now a comp nerd !!???
And it also means that you are now in the Members Only section :) Welcome Aboard, Guy's. And now back to our regular program...

mr2boy_7

Post by mr2boy_7 »

hi chris

is it possible that aucklanders can come on the hamilton run on the 1st of may if so i might be interested in going

thanks

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

Everybody would be welcome Iain. Aprils' Waikato run was a one off for the locals, so it's business as usual from now on.

Cheers for now

mr2boy_7

Post by mr2boy_7 »

oh thats good Chris, wasnt sure about that one, any other keen Aucklanders wanna covoy with me, i have no i idea were the meeting place is, since i live in auckland i dont hamilton that well, reminds me when Ujwal and i keeped on getting lost down there :lol:

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

I'll email a map to you, and you can share it with anyone else who indicates that they would like to come down for the run.

Cheers for now

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

The proposed Waikato Run is now confirmed and will be going ahead. Yahoooooo :!: :twisted:

Meeting place: Opposite Gallaghers Building, Kahikatea Drive, Hamilton, on the grass by the garden centre. :)

Time of meeting 9am :)

Time of departure 9:30 am :!:

Route will be to coastal towns via sealed roads. Spots we will be visiting

Raglan, for early coffee and brunch. :wink:

Kawhia to see the sea,

Te Waitere to see one of the most beautiful harbours in New Zealand via some very cool roads and just maybe, to call in on one of the most beautiful house locations you'll ever see. :wink:

Maracopa, to see the sea, have a break etc. :)

Waitomo, to fuel up with whatever we need. :wink: :roll:

Hamilton via Otorohonga, Mt Pirongia, via back road to Te Awamutu, Hamilton via South West back roads. 8)

Plenty to see, plenty to enjoy, very very good driving roads, and damned good company. :)

A great shake down for the Manfield trip and a chance for a few excellent photo opportunities. 8)

Can't wait!!! :twisted:

Usual phone call will be made to local members.

If you want to join us and you're out of town or new - feel free to contact me at the numbers below. :)

Cheers for now

mr2boy_7

Post by mr2boy_7 »

hey chris

is it still ok to get the map of the meeting place, just in case i come down :D thanks for your help 8)

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

Yes Iain. I'll post it later on tonight.

mr2boy_7

Post by mr2boy_7 »

ahh thanks chris, your the man :D

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

mr2boy_7 wrote:ahh thanks chris, your the man :D
Yo, dude!!! :D

We've had another PHONE call from someone who would like to join in. :wink:

They are coming from up your way somewhere. This person knows the location well, however we're still going to provide the visitors with a wee map. :)

So, for everybody who'd like to tag along...... give me a yell so I can organise info, etc. :wink:

Cheers for now :twisted:

justsomeguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: JSG

Post by justsomeguy »

What do you'll (Area Co-ordinators) think of other clubs joining us on runs??

A friend wondered if you would mind having members of the Skyline Down Under group joining us.

My only reservations are that on most of our runs we know 90% of the people who turn up........ so......Tell me "Oh Experienced Ones"