Waikato Run 1st May 2005

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

Well it's here at last, my god I'm ready for this run. :!:

Sorry to blaspheme, it's not meant to offend. :oops: :wink:

Anyway, no gravel all seal, plenty of hillls, twists and turns, dips, and tight twisty stuff. PLUS beaches, and harbour views. 8)

The locals have around 7 cars between us, and 2 that I know are coming from Auckland way. :)

Nobody else has rung, so it looks like it's going to be 8 or 9 cars or so. :wink:

Excellent!! :!: :!:

Smallish convoy means around 750m to a 1 km from first to last. Great for where we are going. :)

See 7 cars at Gallaghers, and we'll pick up 2 cars at Pirongia at 11ish.

With this number we should be able to make Bridal Veil Falls too, but we'll decide on the day. :D

See you there guys and gals - it's going to be great no matter what the weather. :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dennis th'Menace
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Dennis

Post by Dennis th'Menace »

See you all there ! :D

VQwikMR2Driva

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

Dennis th'Menace wrote:See you all there ! :D
Which rendezvous point are you joining us at Dennis?

mr2boy_7

Post by mr2boy_7 »

hi Chirs

see you on the run :D

Dennis th'Menace
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
First name: Dennis

Post by Dennis th'Menace »

I can't believe it, nearly 10:00PM and I'm the first to post feedback about this Run.

Great roads, for those of us who enjoy high speed driving. Great views, for those who enjoy cruising. Great weather, right through to nearly the end.

A good turnout, 8 SW20's, 5 AW11's and 1 AW10

Unfortunately 1 casualty to report. 1 SW suffered the common ailment of low, low, low oil pressure, and expired on the side of the road. Many thanks to the kind local who lent us 50metres of baling twine (yes, seriously, baling twine) as a tow-rope. And I here report that an AW11 CAN tow an SW20 :)

Hopefully we'll see this car out by next months Runs. And what a month it will be!

Later, folks

8)
Dennis Neagle
President, MR2 Owners Club, Qld

"There is a fine line between Hobby and Obsession"

justsomeguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: JSG

Post by justsomeguy »

I was a passenger today with Dennis:

A passenger when he took a 45k marked corner at 100+

A passenger when for the first time in my life I experienced G-forces in a car

A passenger when I saw how an actual rally driver drives as compared to the rest of us mere mortals........

Haaaa......... Can we do it again at Dawn?? Please I'll give you heaps of chocolate fishes!!!!!!!

justsomeguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by justsomeguy »

GREAT CHOICE OF ROADS THERE CHRIS.......... :lol: :lol:

And the pace today was splendid!!!!!!! Good thing I was in the left hand seat, doubt I would have been anywhere in the lead if I was in the other one.......... :lol: :lol:

justsomeguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by justsomeguy »

Sorry for the three posts in a row but they are sort of three topics so......

PLEASE READ MY POST IN THE GENERAL SECTION. SOMETHING REALLY TERRIBLE HAPPENED TODAY I HOPE IT NEVER HAPPENS TO ME AGAIN.

mr2boy_7

Post by mr2boy_7 »

Hi Chris

Thanks for the run, it was awesome man, i really enjoyed myself, i really wanted to keep going at the end but i was runnig low on gas, anyway a big thats to all the others that were involed, its was great to meet some of the waikato people, my freind enjoyed it as well(trying to convince him to get an mr2 :D ) great roads as well man :P

thanks to all, have a good day 8)

see ya :D

Russki
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Tat

Post by Russki »

Fair point, actually, Icy...at places.
It reminds me how we hold our local Welly Run. Usually, it is fast. And AC leads the convoy- he physically can't see all cars behind him so we used to look after each other on the Run. I had situation when our new member Nick (Cogent) rang me on cellphone during Run asking for stop cos he needs petrol. Not a big drama- we stoped in Otaki (meanwhile pick up more cars )..wait ...and off we went again- still looking after each other.
I always check my rear mirror on the Run. Hopefully, anybody in convoy do the same wise thing.
Right, it's not a race or rally stage. If convoy is too big- would it be better to divide it and run under 2, 3 leaders? Ring to AC with problems on Run is normal and appropriate action.

LES McLEOD
Guest of the Club.

Post by LES McLEOD »

:oops: Rex and I were NOT at the run as with Chris times Rex said its going to be Fast , with the time Chris had at getting back to Hamilton we had another 2 plus hours for home, and Rex been Rex worked the times out and we would have got home at 11pm plus.
:? so sad we cant all be happy , but we must ASK the NZMR2OC A/Cs and Convoy leaders to give us a SAFE and PROUD run, NO fast & SLOW groups, lets show the plublic we are sooooooooo proud to be members of the NZMR2OC.
Auntie
:roll:

Maggz

Post by Maggz »

Another neat run. Great to meet Auckland people, Iain, see you managed to find your way home !!! 8)

Can't say I thought speed was a problem, I'm surprised at comments made further up the thread about speed etc..... (thought was a bit of a downer about the weekend.... my opinion of course) guess everyone has a choice to go at their speed so makes fun for all levels of experience .... and lets face it, those roads are a temptation for the crazy at heart !!! Good warm up for Manfield lads.

Chris you are doing a swell job, and we, I'm sure other Waikato bods are with me on this, appreciate all your efforts in organising us lot !! It can't be easy sometimes ...... :D

St_Gabriel
Guest of the Club.

Post by St_Gabriel »

Maggz wrote:
Chris you are doing a swell job, and we, I'm sure other Waikato bods are with me on this, appreciate all your efforts in organising us lot !! It can't be easy sometimes ...... :D
will second that

*pulls up La-z-boy to wach the floor show

justsomeguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by justsomeguy »

St_Gabriel wrote:
Maggz wrote:
will second that

*pulls up La-z-boy to wach the floor show
Oye - you weren't on the run ---- too bad ---- I feel sorry for ya.....

Mate, those roads........ woweeee........ :twisted:

*goes back into wistful trance dreaming about that Sunday*