MegaRun 2005 - The Great Northern Invasion

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

What are YOUR plans for MegaRun 2005 week ?

I'll be going ALL the way -
38%
I can only join the Invasion -
25%
I wish I could, but I can only watch and envy -
38%

Total votes: 16

VQwikMR2Driva

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

If I didn't know better, I'd say some people were already seriously thinking about Megarun 2006 being held in Auckland.

The fun, us Raping, Pillaging, Northeners had on the way through both Islands was awesome!!!

I threw myself off a perfectly good bridge, having not slept for well over 48 hours, I was past caring about how ungainly my well formed frame would look whilst flying earthward. I got to the bottom quite quickly, size does matter after all. And then I got to the bottom again and again, until finally being told by the guy in the boat to "stop bouncing now", got pulled into the boat.

Then we drove down to Oamaru, what a cool town filled with cool businesses. The organisers, put on a great days activities and everyone enjoyed the next day too.

Which leads us to the Dunedin section. Another huge effort from very special people.

No details here as we are going to see heaps in both magazines.

On behalf of the Waikato - thank you so very much.

Marie and I loved every minute of it.

Thanks

Dennis th'Menace
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Dennis

Re: OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Post by Dennis th'Menace »

VQwikMR2Driva wrote:... I was past caring about how ungainly my well formed frame would look
:?

Seriously, the sight of VQwikMR2Driva heading downwards was ABSOLUTELY indescribable. To all who didn't make it, you really should have been there.

Thanks again to ALL who made the Great Northern Invasion special.
Dennis Neagle
President, MR2 Owners Club, Qld

"There is a fine line between Hobby and Obsession"

VQwikMR2Driva

All silliness aside

Post by VQwikMR2Driva »

At least evrey body could see me falling Doctor............. :twisted:

LES McLEOD
Guest of the Club.

Post by LES McLEOD »

Hi Dennis :wink: and Tonya XX
Please take note of the hopefully next mag :wink:
No fair go everyone, I am sure I speak for all the north Islanders ( and Kath ) THANKYOU BOTH for all your many hours of work on the convovy and we are all so proud of you as you havent been on the boat ( and wasnt sick ) and never down the South Island before and guess what everyone Dennis didnt get us lost as I sure Tonya had the map WELL DONE YOU TWO.
Just a little :) on my face when we meet the Oamaru people and were leaving Dennis said do I Follow now Auntie and I said yes Mate Im right behind you :lol: which I was all morning 8)
Will we see you on the 19th march?

Auntie