Moderator: Moderators

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Obituary - Roger Davies

Post by mickeyduck »

I'm very sad to announce that we have lost another long-standing Club Member, a very nice bloke whose love of the MR2 was clearly demonstrated by his immaculate restoration of a Beams powered SW20.

We only found out when his wife Margaret replied to our Membership Renewals mail-out a couple of days ago.

Roger Davies was diagnosed with cancer in February 2013 and passed away in April.

It was always a pleasure to have Roger's company and I'm very glad to have enjoyed that at a car show and on a few runs. I think the last time I had the pleasure of Roger and Margaret's company was at the last run to Atiu. Our recent fun at the 4's n Rotas show (which is more about modified cars) made me keen on asking Roger to enter his immaculate Beams machine in the next Ellerslie Concours d'Elegance. Sadly that will no longer be possible.

And much more regrettably, we have lost a fine Club Member, a real nice bloke and someone who very plainly shared our passion for these SWeet machines. Roger will be missed.

Here's a couple of photos from the show at Beachlands back in November 2010:

http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewtopic.php? ... 6&start=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And a couple of pics from the Atiu run:

http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewtopic.php? ... 0&start=23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted: