Or visit my BLOG: http://nzhomegeek.wordpress.com

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

Hi everyone

My name is Charlie and I'm Auckland AC along with Brendan (beejay).

First I'd like to thank John Howell on behalf of the club for giving his time over the last 10 years or so, managing the web site and forum. To my mind the club's online presence is the glue that binds a whole lot of us together, and without his efforts it never would have been possible for us to have the online community we do today.

Unfortunately John's time has become increasingly stretched by the demands of his profession. But hats off to him - he's certainly contributed more than his ten cents' worth over all those years!

8)

Anyway, I've taken over responsibility for administration of the club's web site and forum.

Please bear with me and have a little patience while I get my head squarely around everything and how it all ticks.

More to the point, please feel free to contact me (PM preferred) if you have a gripe or need something fixed.

In cahoots with our Committee I will be making a few changes and I sincerely hope they are all welcomed by you, our online community. And if I ever screw up, PM me!

Cheers! (oh - and "mu ha ha!" :twisted: )
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

OK, I've removed about 11,500 bogus bot-generated forum users (another 1,500 or so to wade through), and deleted 183,882 spam emails out of the club's default email account.

And I've sorted the anti-spam system so it shouldn't bloat out again.

This has freed up a heap of space on our hosts' server, so I've upped the PM storage available to each of us to be twice what it was, so we can all keep a better track of our conversations with other forum members.

Mu ha ha! :twisted:
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted: