Total votes: 10

FRNKN2
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Christchurch
Prime Mover: Looking for an MR2
First name: Chris

Re: Email Notifications

Post by FRNKN2 »

MRtoo wrote:I seem to no longer receive email notification alerting new posts in watched topics... does anyone else have this issue or maybe this is a problem with Yahoo to which my email notifications are being sent to?
I have experienced this with all my posts in the events forum I think, not this thread though strangely.

mista2
Guest of the Club.

Emails

Post by mista2 »

I'm getting alerts OK.
John Howell
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Chromeronin
Or visit my BLOG: http://nzhomegeek.wordpress.com

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

I'd expect it's something to do with an anti-spam measure employed by your email outfit / ISP (Yahoo etc). Even my xtra account seems to insist on junking mail from our archery club, no matter what... Intending on setting up my own mail server here to get around similar issues. I run a mail server at work, way less spam and no real problems...

Because spam etc has increased over recent years, so too has the paranoia level of ISP's mail server systems. Sad and irksome when it goes awry, but kinda understandable really eh...

I get notifications galore.
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

MRtoo
Guest of the Club.
First name: Kelvin

Post by MRtoo »

I've mysteriously started to receive notifications from this forum again! (Just a note that I've continued to receive notifications from other phpBB and vBulletin forums during the times where I didn't receive from this one.)
Kelvin

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Wasn't anything I did Kelvin.

But that's good mate. 8)

I have a car to repair to get ready for the muster so won't be doing anything on the site the next weekend or two.

Anyone onto good NZ based hosting outfits?

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

MRtoo
Guest of the Club.
First name: Kelvin

Post by MRtoo »

mickeyduck wrote:Wasn't anything I did Kelvin.
And... it's gone again. No more notifications. Very mysterious! Funny enough it used to be my (unofficial) job to trace down missing emails my web clients claim they didn't receive, glad to have put that job behind :wink:
Kelvin

MoNk
Guest of the Club.
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: J

Post by MoNk »

Could it have anything to do with the time setting? I checked mine and it was 1 hour behind. Corrected it to +13 GMT.

Also, my username is never remembered on my netbook, but it's fine on my desktop.
Jonathan.
1996 GLimited

Mad Murphy
Guest of the Club.
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Alex

Post by Mad Murphy »

Just noticed the option to save username and password and stay logged in has gone. Any chance of bringing this back? Cheers.
Alex Robinson

1989 Supercharged AW11

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Have a read back a bit on this thread Alex...

Already wasted half a Saturday on that one...

Grrr... :evil:

New hosting facility is the key now to further progress.

Got a sick AW to fix and a muster to run first.

Mad Murphy
Guest of the Club.

Post by Mad Murphy »

Oh sorry, I had a quick skim through but must have missed it.
Alex Robinson

1989 Supercharged AW11

warrenb

Post by warrenb »

Fresh install of windows 7 and browser etc and still it doesnt keep me logged in. Thankfully Firefox remembers password and username or id forget what they were lol

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Server outage last night 23rd March 2010

Post by mickeyduck »

Well that was unpleasant!

Seems the WCN server hosting our site and forum disappeared entirely overnight. Yoiks. Thank goodness it's back again.

Downloading a fresh backup of everything right now...

Mad Murphy
Guest of the Club.

Post by Mad Murphy »

methy sw20gt wrote:an idea may be the option to submit your car as a submission for "2 of the month" similar to how the us forum has , where the winning submission chosen by the magazine editors is posted up in that section each month, including things such as history, modifications, photos etc.
this could also be a feature for the club magazine.
I like this idea, it'd be great to read about some other members cars from all round NZ.
Alex Robinson

1989 Supercharged AW11

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Hmmm...

We already have some of the functionality in place eg the "Garage" versus the Joomla CMS which powers another chunk of our site and which I'll build a magazine section for, so yeah keep the ideas coming cos it's how we leverage the things available to us and combine them / bend them to get the max back outta them eh...

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

I'm going to have to undertake the hosting move very soon. I'll get the worst of it done and test it, then I'm going to have to pick a day to do the real deal... which I expect will be on a Saturday as that seems to be when everyone ignores the forum and gets out and about instead.

I coach footy on Saturdays so likely to be late in an afternoon...

I'll need to set it all up on the new hosting outfit, then when I think it's all good change the DNS records over and after that it'll take up to maybe 4 hours for everyone to find themselves looking at the new deal.

It's looking as if "The Garage" will need to be sacrificed to achieve an upgrade of the forum to phpBB3 so maybe we will need to start a new Projects section etc...

Anyway... if you find things all change one weekend, hopefully you'll know why.

=)