Moderator: Moderators

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

OK so what's changed...?

Post by mickeyduck »

Well, it's Sunday 23 May 2010 - and I've today migrated the club's site and forum from the WCN server to hosting in the US of A.

Apologies for the outage - a bit of time involved waiting for DNS servers to get their act together.

The Garage has fallen off due to the developer of it not bothering upgrading his code to be phpBB3 compatible. Sorry people. I will see if I can sort something to replace it if I can't figure out how to migrate the old stuff. We certainly need a "garage" of one form or another, for sure.

And unfortunately the database seems to have lost track of everyone's avatars so you'll need to upload them again. Grrr...

Anyway - I hope you all get used to phpBB3 quick-smart. As time goes on we'll all see some serious benefits, that's for sure.

If you don't like the style just change it in your preferences and it'll be more old-school...

Sadly I had to lose a couple of thousand "inactive" users in the upgrade - some of whom may have been real people and not spam-bots...

But most importantly, we don't need to worry about the WCN servers being turned off and the club's site and forum disappearing with them!

Cheers folks.
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted: