A couple of SC's now in Northland

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Popey
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Northland
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Greg

A couple of SC's now in Northland

Post by Popey »

I acquired a 1988 SC a month ago and my son said that he had always wanted one also. He picked up a 1987 SC that was a bit of a barn find with 14 years of rego on hold. So now the work begins. Mine to be kept original and his modified to hell.
Attachments
20180331_165757.jpg

Popey
Guest of the Club.

Re: A couple of SC's now in Northland

Post by Popey »

Picked up a rough 1987 Supercharger off trademe. Purely an organ donor having off the the road for 12+ years but surprisingly straight and rust free.

Best if all it has a Knock Sensor!!!

MIKEP
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Mike

Post by MIKEP »

Hey Greg nice to see two more 2's saved especially S/Cs.That blue one looks great in the pics.You are lucky.Gotta love those barn finds.

Whereabouts in the North are you? We have a couple of members up there so the number is growing.We normally have at least one run up to Waipu in a year and I have visited "breakfast with the cars in Paihia" a couple of times.So welcome to the forum.

it's a great resource for tech tips and parts.Hope to see you on a run one day and keep us posted on your progress.
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport

Popey
Guest of the Club.

Post by Popey »

Thanks Mike

I have already found the forum a very useful source of information. I'm located near Helena Bay. Roads are perfect for these cars with plenty of corners.

The blue one is fairly mint and has been well cared for by previous owners. Picked up the one last week from Tauranga that was on Trademe. Was advertised as a 85 but actually a 87 so plate doesn't match car. Auto converted to manual with several performance modes including pulleys, fan on intercooler and springs. Purely a parts car and we will have fun taking it apart and learning heaps as we go.
Attachments
Fleet
Fleet
Fastest this car has gone for 10 years
Fastest this car has gone for 10 years
Had to let off a number of bug bombs off to kill the wildlife
Had to let off a number of bug bombs off to kill the wildlife

MIKEP
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Mike

Post by MIKEP »

Hey Greg

How are you . I hadn't seen any updates lately and wondered how you were getting on with your AW11 S/Cs. Last time we talked on here your son was going to Mod his. Have you done it yet.

As area Co ordinator I am thinking of planning a run up your way and would love to catch up with you guys or if you guys wanted to meet a few of us and maybe join us for lunch or part of the run..

Let me know anyway

KInd Regards
Mike Playle
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President