ALPINE R-S65C 6.5" Speakers installed in SW20

Sound and electronic gear in your MR2

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning in-car electronics. Stereos, alarms, GPS etc. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Takumi
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Christchurch
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Chris

ALPINE R-S65C 6.5" Speakers installed in SW20

Post by Takumi »

We recently installed these in my SW20. We used the spacers which came with the speakers and no modifications were required to make the speakers fit in the front doors.
An amp was installed and new wire run to the speakers. The bass is really quite incredible compared to the set of component Sony's we installed in my other MR2
but these are powered off the head unit (Sony XAV-631BT)

My friends and I are amazed at the sound these speakers produce. I was going to install a sub but these speakers are so good I don't think I'll do that.

https://www.wavetech.co.nz/Alpine-R-S65C/

fancypants
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Sam

Re: ALPINE R-S65C 6.5" Speakers installed in SW20

Post by fancypants »

Cool! Max power is 300W, that is crazy I think. Thanks for even including the link for direct visit.

Signature Embed

commercial landscape contractors

GlanzaAtHeart
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Thomas

Re: ALPINE R-S65C 6.5" Speakers installed in SW20

Post by GlanzaAtHeart »

Ah I have these exact ones too, with 6x9s in the rear shelves/storage lids?. Goes really well, no need for an amp, superb sound if I'm honest - Would happily reccomend.
89' SW20 GT w/ Gen 4 3SGTE
13.2 @ 107mph

"man this thing drives like ass" - Sun Tzu, probably